Scientific Sales Manager
Our client are a multi-national branded health and hygiene business. In order to continue supporting the development of the Scientific business in the UK region, we are supporting with their recruitment of a Field Based Area Sales Manager to cover Scientific customers in the North of UK and Midlands.
This role is an outstanding opportunity for individuals looking to progress their career within Customer Management and take on the responsibility of developing a portfolio of key end user accounts and distributors. The suitable individual must have a background in sales, an experience in a customer facing role and the commitment to pursue a career in Customer Management. This role offers full responsibility to lead the Scientific sales development in their territory by gaining and growing relevant end-user businesses in Global Scientific strategic segments (Pharmaceutical industries, Research Labs - Life Science and Semiconductors).
A former field sales experience in Technical or “Regulatory driven” markets with a manufacturer, distributor or end user customer and an understanding of the Scientific environment and market segments are welcome for this position.
- Negotiate with key end users to sell the Scientific proposition and maximise sales, price and profitability.
- Build, maintain and develop for his territory a relevant Opportunity Pipeline of end user customers to acquire as per the company’s Scientific Global strategy.
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with an assigned portfolio of distributors and develop a business plan for each of them. Execute European agreements with key distribution groups.
- Understand and influence the environment in which the distributors and end users operate (market segments, structures, organisations, etc…).
- Ensure that all customer requirements are swiftly communicated and acted upon.
- Work in close cooperation with the entire Scientific team to deliver channel plans and priorities.
- Operate internally in their territory with company teams as the “specialist” of the Scientific business.
- Graduate calibre or equivalent desirable.
- Understanding of the Scientific environment and market segments.
- Prior field sales and account management background with experience of negotiating and dealing with large end users and distribution groups is essential for the role.
- Demonstration of strong commercial awareness and judgment.
- The ideal candidate will be highly numerate, with excellent analytical skills and have a passion for negotiation. Good communication skills will be essential in order to build and develop the customer relationship with large national or international end users and distribution groups. The ability to demonstrate complex problem solving within a multi-interlocutor and technical sales process will also be key to succeed in this position.
- Able to build effective customer relationships and respond to customer needs quickly.
- Develops strategic partnerships and sets and monitors internal and external service standards.
- Makes sound business decisions in a timely and effective way. Effectively prioritises actions and deadlines.
- A positive, enthusiastic and motivated individual able to work on own initiative. Able to motivate full sales organisations (mainly with distributors) to roll-out account sales plans.
- Able to work well within multicultural team, and liaise successfully with colleagues at all levels across the business. Excellent communication skills internally and with the customers.
- Reach across boundaries for new ideas and opportunities to grow business within their territory.
- Accountable for their personal development to succeed in the role.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the most influential and progressive businesses with the food ingredients sector. Please in the first instance send your full and up to date CV with full salary details. For more details please contact Chris on 01133202430 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Scientific Sales Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly