Exciting opportunity not to be missed! G’s Fresh has a unique opportunity available for an Account Manager to join the team at our office in Barway. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary - this is an exciting opportunity to develop your career!
At G’s, our philosophy is to be recognised as outstanding, market-led growers and suppliers of sustainable, healthy fresh produce, and to be at the forefront of the industry in everything we do. We can only achieve this through the dedication of our people, and by working by our values; Trust, Efficiency, Quality, Expertise, Can-do.
A great opportunity to join a fast paced business that is focused on customer needs. This Account Manager position is a new role within the G’s Fresh Salads commercial team with responsibility for the Non-retail sales. Offering a competitive salary plus benefits and free on-site parking – this is an exciting opportunity to develop a rewarding career with one of the UK largest fresh produce suppliers.
What are the responsibilities of the Account Manager?
Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Contribute to the development of strategy to optimise sales volumes and product values, to be achieved in line with the company, and business unit’s long term objectives.
- Create long term and short term sales and marketing plans for customer key accounts
- Develop markets in line with business 3 year plan.
- Develop profitable trading opportunities in core products and/or complementary lines.
- Co-ordinate the development of new products for your customers.
- Manage promotional planning.
- Relationship Building
- Supply Chain
- Price Negotiations
- Ensure you set and regularly monitor effective objectives for staff reporting to you and that these are cascaded throughout your sphere of responsibility. Ensure regular EPR’s are carried out for all your staff.
- Ensure your staff are trained and coached in the skills needed to achieve high standards of safety, effectiveness, productivity and job satisfaction.
- Ensure the planning, recruitment, induction, welfare and discipline your staff. Establish shift and management cover as necessary within your operations.
- Produce long term financial plans and annual budgets to be submitted to your manager as part of the annual budget process.
- In conjunction with your management accountant, monitor and control profit and loss in line with KPIs and Business Unit targets for your customers.
- Keep operations under constant review, regularly monitoring sales, overhead costs, wastage and profit performance and, through the finance team, ensure accurate, timely and detailed analysis is produced when required.
- Strictly adhere to all company policies and procedures in corporate governance manual.
Skills, knowledge and experience required by the Account Manager
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with customers and a particular understanding of the mindset of a supermarket buyer and how they are influenced and targeted
- Product knowledge and an understanding of seed to shelf processes
- An awareness of the implications of seasonality
- Knowledge of the Supply Chain infrastructure
- Understanding of current market conditions and new developments
- Negotiation skills
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft packages with an aptitude for learning additional packages as required
Hours of work: 40 per week, Monday - Friday
If you are currently an Account Exec looking to progress please do apply – development plans available for the right candidate.
Why work for G’s?
With future scope for career progression, G’s prides itself on offering great opportunities for training, progression and development. G’s is the place to be to develop and meet your long term career goals. We aim to be an employer of choice.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join Europe’s leading fresh produce companies as our Account Manager.
G’s are an equal opportunities employer.