Business Development Manager - Food Service/ Retail
The Business Development Manager - Food Service/ Retail is the perfect sales roles for ex chefs who are able apply their foodie love and experience to excel within a leading international food business.
The client is a well-established bakery striving to be number one in the world. They pride themselves on good quality food. With a wide array of SKU's lending itself to a number of clients, they are leading the market in innovation and variety.
With year on year growth, they are an organisation that prides itself on its food loving staff providing great progression opportunities and career structure.
Reporting directly to the National Field Sales Controller the role enables close interaction with the National Accounts team and Product Development Team.
The Business Development Manager- food service/retail will be responsible for the delivery of sales nationally, working with Buyers and Executive Chef within an array of accounts you will be required to
- Develop an execute account plans for each customer to drive sales and margin
- Support and develop the regional sales team to improve product knowledge
- Attain feedback from customers to assist in NPD to be implemented nationally
- Develop and grow designated National, Regional and Local accounts
- Present business plans to the senior management team on a quarterly basis
- Train and support customers through training and presentations
With the ownership of major accounts, the individual will be required to win and retain existing accounts as well as identify new business opportunities.
The Business Development Manager - Food Service/ retail will:
- Be passionate about food and have attained previous qualifications as a chef
- Be able to demonstrate experience of account management and exceeding targets
- Have strong communication skills
- Posses strong negotiation skills, with the ability to influence individuals of all levels
- Be confident in training and presenting to an array of individuals
- Be commercial, creative and entrepreneurial
- Have the ability to work independently
- Reside in or be easily commutable to South West London
The Business Development Manager - food service/ retail provides an attractive salary of up to £31k bonus, car and other benefits