Commercial Manager - Chilled, Major Retail
Commercial Manager - Chilled, Major Retail - £60,000 - £70,000
Our client, a leading supplier of chilled products requires an experienced Commercial Manager to head their Commercial, Category and NPD teams at one of their main manufacturing sites in Kent.
This role will report directly into the Group Commercial Director and will hold responsibility for developing new and existing products for six of the UK’s largest retailers.
In this hands-on role you will have full site responsibility for all Commercial requirements so will need to build strong relationships with the Manufacturing and Finance teams to ensure that demand for new and existing products is met on a daily/weekly basis.
The successful candidate will be experienced in building commercial teams as well as having relevant and actionable category insights to assist in the delivery of commercial objectives and enhance the development of any brands that fall under the remit.
Commercial Manager Responsibilities
- This is a pivotal role for the business and requires a skilled leader who can demonstrate the following:
- Established experience gained in a senior leadership role overseeing staff in various functions
- Responsible for budgetary, financial and strategic planning
- Strong track record of business growth and sales achievement in a Commercial role
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with internal and external stake holders
- Proven track record of driving sales growth in a retail environment.
- Excellent cross-business communication skills
- Passion for products, design and trend scouting within chilled food industry.
- Knowledge of the customer landscape
Commercial Manager Key Skills
- Excellent understanding of branded and own label products
- Well-developed communication and influencing skills
- Commercial understanding and excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding role to deadlines
- Able to represent the company strongly both internally and externally
- Asda commercial experience
- Chilled or frozen Commercial management
The successful Commercial Manager will be rewarded with a competitive salary. The role is site based for approximately 2 days a week and will require travel around the country on a regular basis.
Elevate Recruitment & Training Consultants Limited are food industry specialists. This vacancy is just one of a number of vacancies that we are working in this sector – please get in touch for further details.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Elevate Recruitment & Training Consultants Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Keywords: Food, FMCG, Meat, Beef, Pork, Lamb, Poultry, Fruit, Salad, Vegetable, Fresh Produce, Bakery, Confectionery, Dairy, Seafood, Fish, Poultry, Beverage, Sales, Trading, Account Management, Business Development, Sales.
Similar Roles: Commercial Manager, Senior Commercial Manager, National Account Manager, Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Senior National Account Manager, NAM, SNAM, Sales Manager