Junior Category Manager - On Trade
As one of the worlds leading producers of branded spirits, our client prides themselves on supplying the best in the business! Our Client supplies to a significant number of major multiple retailers, wholesalers, On and Off Trade across the UK and internationally. This is a very exciting time for the business with various NPD projects and having the name of a global brand to support you in your career. The brand has a fantastic heritage with a portfolio of numerous brands and labels.
As the Junior Category Manager you will monitor, evaluate and communicate changes in category, customer dynamics and competitor activities and recommend actions to address issues and opportunities affecting the category and/or the brands. You will be expected to drive external relationships by creating insight based winning ideas and presenting a category viewpoint. As the successful Junior Category Manager you will manage the formal range review process with the sales team & presentations with Marketing across all On Trade customers to ensure our client’s brands within their individual categories achieve maximum visibility in the trade and executional excellence. This would be an ideal opportunity for someone in a Category Executive role looking to take the next step.
The successful Junior Category Manager will:
- Currently hold the position of Junior Category Manager, Assistant Category Manager, Category Development Executive, Category Insights Manager, Category Marketing Manager, Category Executive or equivalent
- Experience in sales / category management or category insights within a branded environment
- Experience of analysing and interpreting data from data providers such as Kantar, Dunnhumby, Nielsen, IRI etc. and presenting conclusions, recommendations and identifying trends.
- Strong numerical, analytical and communication skills
- The ability to develop relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ideally be degree educated or equivalent
In return you will receive a salary up to £40,000 (dependant on experience) plus exceptional benefits.
This role requires access to the head office in the Home Counties.
If you believe in your ability and wish to develop your career please contact Katie Gibbs on 01159 841 801