Category Manager - Food
- £40,000 - £50,000 Basic Salary
- Lucrative Bonus Structure
- Pension Scheme
About our Client:
This is one of the fastest growing global FMCG food businesses in UK market with ambition and NPD to continue their YOY double digit growth. The Company are adding to headcount due to high performance and demand for their products bucking the food category trends.
The client doesn't only look at this role they hire for the next 3 positions, with so many examples of internal progression making it a fantastic place to work and compounding the business family feel ethos.
These guys are really bucking market trends with aspirations for total market dominance - these guys are not holding back! They are in a period of significant acquisition being defined by category lead marketing strategies and driving their NPD through thorough insight and creative licence allowed to them by the top 4 retailers.
This is a work hard play hard culture with some of the best minds of FMCG the driving force behind it. They thrive on candidates pushing back and challenging the internal processes in order to improve, there has been a real passion for the brands and desire to succeed instilled in the team too. This is a place success is celebrated with strong rewards for your endeavours and lucrative bonus's to boot.
About the Role:
Due to expansion of headcount our client has a fantastic opportunity for a commercially trained Category Manager. With a direct report and working closely with the senior stakeholders across both sales and marketing, you will make a significant contribution to developing and delivering the category strategy with no red tape!
You will create, develop and become a leader in the UK category team continuing to grow the category share and dominate the market place, reaffirming number 1 position in all categories. The Category Manager will be assisted by a brilliant Category and National Accounts team with a real family feel environment all pulling together to succeed in the clear 5 year strategy plan.
Graduate calibre FMCGers on the upward curve, with previous experience of sales or marketing and category management, but if you are a Cat Exec looking to step up, this could be the move forward you need.
You will need to want to own your business and really be able to roll your sleeves up to push the boundaries with your team and line managers to drive the business forward.
Also, be ready to have a few drinks in the pub on a sunny afternoon as team building time is paramount!
- Developing NPD including understanding and identifying opportunities and Developing category focused sell-in stories.
- Delivering commercial propositions and identifying point of buying solutions.
- You will have the ability to look at consumer needs as a source of inspiration, with proven sales and marketing experience and a track record of achievement.
- Your approach must be very analytical in order to influence the category agenda.
- A forward thinking, flexible attitude is vital and you must have the drive and resilience to succeed and be able to work from you own initiative.
- The role will involve cross functional team working therefore the ability to successfully develop and maintain relationships by adopting a collaborative working style is crucial.
- Extensive FMCG experience and able to demonstrate significant category management experience; specifically a track record of implementing category strategies with customers for significant business benefit.
- Strategic thinker able to develop clear vision for the category within the channel / customer.
- Experience of shopper / market insight techniques.
- Experience of shaping company commercial (sales and marketing) strategies through category strategy.
- Strong commercial awareness of P&L right through the value chain to consumer price, together with an understanding of levers to drive Revenue - Price, Volume and Mix.
Meet PIE.We like to do things differently.
Exceptional sales & marketing recruitment across Consumer, FMCG, Automotive & Business to Business.
Together, we've a lot of strong, traditional, sales and marketing recruitment experience but with a modern, socially led approach to recruiting.
We will work with you through your journey to that next position and beyond, offering insight into organisations and every step of the recruitment process.
Whether you're actively seeking a position or just want to stay abreast of the latest opportunities in the market then speak to one of our experienced consultants on 01494 590404 - we look forward to being in touch.