Junior National Account Manager - Grocery
Junior National Account Manager - Grocery
- £30,000 - £40,000 Basic Salary
- Exceptional Bonus
- Car/Car Allowance
- Private Healthcare
About our Client:
A fantastic opportunity with a global consumer products business. This is a Junior National Account Manager role for one of these guy's Top 2 grocery customers offering real autonomy, fast paced career development and across a number of world renowned categories & brands!
Our client is a leader in their category. Driven by the marketing of their fantastic brands and consistently smashing through targets and records on product launches, this is an opportunity to join a real fast paced and rapidly growing business.
This business is very flexible and has a well-structured team allowing for cross functional and upward progression for the right candidate very quickly. There are so many examples of promotion and progression to show here as well which is testament to this fantastic business.
About the Role:
This role is a high-profile position which is visible to the wider teams, due to the key impact this customer's sophistication has on the strategy of the other business units. This role has been set up to drive revenue growth across all categories in the retailer so there is lots of NPD selling across all brands.
This is one of the most innovative businesses in the industry with constant new products coming to market, new licences & variations on each category. This is a very fast and profitable company with big ambitions to grow further in line with their global strategy.
My client has a fantastic team ethic and are a close-knit bunch, so big personalities who have a true passion in having fun in a real entrepreneurial environment are paramount. There is a vibrant culture with colleagues who work hard but play much harder! Their relationships internally and externally are some of the best in the industry and they have many afterhours activities like, football, netball, nights out, even holidays & they are totally paid for!
They are looking for bright, engaging and ambitious people who want to join them on their journey and create a really awesome career, our client have a real staying culture with people rarely leaving the business, as quite frankly there are not a huge amount of companies with such a huge growth rate and having a world class culture to match.
- Responsibility for the account management of the second largest grocery customer.
- Work alongside the BUH to develop business and presence with retailer and across the wider grocery customer base.
- You will play an active role in all relevant customer meetings, & you will be encouraged to develop your own contact network with Category Buyers within these retailers.
- Work very closely with the Product, Customer Marketing & Brand Marketing, and will also have interaction with Supply Chain, Customer Service & Consumer Advisory departments.
- Develop strategy for Retailer integration into Marketing Plans.
- Responsibility for ensuring brand creative executions are implemented correctly across existing and new Retailer channels.
- To monitor stock availability and take initiative to address any issues.
- Handle day to day account requests and follow up including solving credit disputes.
- Execute and monitor agreed promotions within the business plan including JMA spend.
Desired Skills & Experience
- FMCG Account Manager experience is vital.
- Experience & success in Top 6 account management and direct relationships with buyers and/or Vendor Managers would be hugely beneficial.
- Strong working knowledge of grocery / high street retailing.
- A passion for fun...
- A competitive streak!
- Proactive, passionate, keen to learn, team player.
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate ideas concisely and confidently.
- Demonstrate competence in data analysis Kantar, IRI etc.
- Possess exceptional IT skills (especially PowerPoint and Excel).
- Fun and open to constant change and innovation.
- Dealt with high complexity of SKU counts and product portfolios before.
- Excellent understanding of account systems, processes and trading tactics.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Trade Marketing exposure.
- Clear persuasive communicator (written and verbal) including active listening ability and presentation skills.
- Numerate, ability to analyse data and sales information.
- Results oriented.
Meet PIE. We like to do things differently.
Exceptional sales & marketing recruitment across Consumer, FMCG, Automotive & Business to Business.
Together, we've a lot of strong, traditional, sales and marketing recruitment experience but with a modern, socially led approach to recruiting.
We will work with you through your journey to that next position and beyond, offering insight into organisations and every step of the recruitment process.
Whether you’re actively seeking a position or just want to stay abreast of the latest opportunities in the market then speak to one of our experienced consultants on 01494 590404 – we look forward to being in touch.
Apply for Junior National Account Manager - Grocery
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly