Business Development Manager
This is a exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join a up and coming start up sports company.
My client is an online marketplace for all things pedal powered, bridging the gap between customers and retailers and putting the worlds bike shops all in one online marketplace. My client is a start up organisation who's strategy is to bring customers and retailers together through the power of digital technology.
Establish, develop and maintain relationships with retailers across the Southern UK with a view to build a community of retailers through our platform.
This Business Development Manager will require a high level of attention to detail, a proven track record in sales, project management skills and the ability to succeed independently.
- Visiting cycling retailers with the goal of selling our platform
- Demonstrate the website capabilities and present it's unique selling points
- Educate the retailer on how they can maximise their sales through the website
- Present the wide range of advertising options on the website to potential customers
- Discuss the website's traffic and benefits in simple terms as well as in technical detail
- Identify appropriate retailers to establish and maintain relationships within Southern UK
- Manage, monitor and assist retailers in order to maximise their results
The successful Business Development Manager must have a drive and love for selling, building and maintaining long term relationships and focus on working hand in hand with retailers to grow their business by highlighting how to best utilise our platform for maximum results.
- 2 or more years experience in a similar role in the bike industry
- Proven track record in sales
- Must be self-driven, comfortable with web-based products and face to face selling
- Excellent communicator and charismatic personality, with an ability to use data to inform and sell
- Basic knowledge of website traffic technicalities
- Excellent organisational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts
- Full clean driving license required
£30,000 - £35,000 Basic Salary + Package