TRAINEE ACCOUNT MANAGER
Today J Sykes and Sons is proud to supply over 500 Wholesale customers, Key Multi National Retailers and Food Manufacturers. Employing 85 staff in management and support roles and a further 40 staff in our busy production facilities our business is geared for future growth and evolution. With a turnover approaching £100 million, we are considered to be the premier importer of quality Frozen Fish and Seafood to the UK and Irish markets, with an expanding export market program underway. We are supported by an integrated proposition, using our advanced UK production facilities to apply higher levels of product safety, value adding and cost reductions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a TRAINEE ACCOUNT MANAGER to join our team in Harlow, Essex. J Sykes and Sons pride ourselves on knowing we only provide the best quality products to our consumers, fresh from the Sea to your Fork. The successful Trainee Accounts Manager will get the opportunity to shadow our team of experienced account managers in a customer-focused, feedback rich, and fast paced environment. You will be expected to support the team in growing the manufacturing process including sourcing, production and packaging. You will support the Sales Team in building long-term customer partnerships, deal with various customer related issues, participate in cross functional project teams and take own project responsibilities. If you are a Foodie, that is eager to work hard and reap the benefits of a professional, challenging and rewarding role, then this is the ideal job for you.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Account Manager with the day to day administration and help built new & existing customer relationships across multiples, retail and wholesale channels for continued growth.
- Identify target areas to develop new business with existing clients/customers
- Working closely with purchasing team on sales forecasting and closely monitoring stocks to maximise customer service levels and stock levels
- Working with key suppliers on forecasting future projections
- Promotional planning and implementation of new and existing products
- Working cross functionally with our Logistics team and Logistics provider to ensure smooth day to day business operations
- Acquire more business acumen through research and analysis of industry trends and developments
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Food Science Degree/ Aquaculture and Fishery Management Degree or equivalent experience and passion for Fish & Seafood
- Logical thinker with attention to detail
- Good organisation skills and ability to manage own workload within tight deadlines
- Computer literate, familiar with Microsoft office
- Negotiation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Understanding and demonstration of the need to share information through development of effective working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Full Driving Licence
Closing Date to Apply: 22nd September 2017
If you have the necessary skills and experience for this position, please use the 'apply' button below.
We aim to provide feedback to all applicants, but due to the volume of applications being received we are not always able to do this; if you do not receive any form of communication from us within 2 weeks of the closing date for submitting applications, then unfortunately your application was not successful on this occasion. We will however retain your CV on file, should another position become available in the future.