NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
Today J Sykes and Sons is proud to supply over 500 Wholesale customers, Key Multi National Retailers and Food Manufacturers. Employing 85 staff in management and support roles and a further 40 staff in our busy production facilities our business is geared for future growth and evolution. With a turnover approaching £100 million, we are considered to be the premier importer of quality Frozen Fish and Seafood to the UK and Irish markets, with an expanding export market program underway. We are supported by an integrated proposition, using our advanced UK production facilities to apply higher levels of product safety, value adding and cost reductions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER to join one of the most admired wholesalers, processors and distributors in the UK food industry. You will work in a customer-focused, feedback rich, open and informal environment where you will be expected to grow the manufacturing process including sourcing, production and packaging. You will help drive the sales team by building long-term customer partnerships, deal with various customer related issues, make commercial based decisions, participate in cross functional project teams and take own project responsibilities. Together, you will also help to develop and train less experienced members of our graduate scheme. You will be entrepreneurial, pro-active and have an independent attitude together with eagerness to work for a professional and international organisation with interesting career opportunities
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the day to day customer relationships across multiples, Food service and wholesale channels for continued growth.
- Resolve day-to-day issues arising, providing fast, effective solutions to the assigned accounts.
- Identify target areas to develop new business with existing clients/customers
- To plan and arrange customer visits and prepare presentation and demo’s if needed, working alongside our marketing team.
- Working closely with purchasing team on sales forecasting and closely monitoring stocks to maximise customer service levels and stock levels
- Working with key suppliers on forecasting future projections
- Promotional planning and implementation of new and existing products
- Working cross functionally with our Logistics team and Logistics provider to ensure smooth day to day business operations
- Accountable for achieving budgeted sales of consumer goods to key customers.
- Create new business opportunities and have a proven track record of networking and building successful relationships at all levels.
- Provide innovative suggestions when reviewing processes and procedures
- Acquire more business acumen through research and analysis of industry trends and developments
- Coach & mentor less experienced team members.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 5+ year's relevant Account Manager Experience.
- Formal food related qualifications will be beneficial
- Any experience with regards to dealing with Fish & Seafood would be a huge benefit to obtaining the position.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills; able to close deals.
- Good understanding of all Microsoft applications
- People Management experience. Experience in coaching and supporting individuals with professional development.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Understanding and demonstration of the need to share information through development of effective working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Full Driving Licence
Closing Date to Apply: 22nd September 2017
If you have the necessary skills and experience for this position, please select the 'apply' button below.
We aim to provide feedback to all applicants, but due to the volume of applications being received we are not always able to do this; if you do not receive any form of communication from us within 2 weeks of the closing date for submitting applications, then unfortunately your application was not successful on this occasion. We will however retain your CV on file, should another position become available in the future.