Category Insights Manager- (FMCG Leading Brands)- Exciting Category
Our client is a leading Branded Player within the FMCG arena, they operate across several categories within the retail market and they stand at either 1st or 2nd in every specific fixture in which they operate. Their 5 year plan is simple and yet immeasurably challenging, to transform the very way in which their Categories are “defined” and “shopped” by the retailer and consumer alike. In order to assist in the delivery of this, they are seeking to appoint a Lead Category Insights Manager.
As the Key Person within Category Insights, you will take the Lead in the development of the Insight/Category & Customer Strategy and vision to influence channel development plan, thus providing the business with the insight required to make informed strategic decisions. Using in-depth knowledge of market, category, shopper/Qual Research and Customer Insight sources you will equip the Marketing and Commercial teams to shape the company Category Vision, Brand and Commercial plans.
Building Strategic relationships across the business is Key Driver of the role- thus you must provide an Engaging and Exciting Vision.
- To design and manage annual research plans for the brand and category to ensure delivery of key brand strategic plans.
- Design, implement and support brand team in driving a true Consumer Led Approach.
- Design and manage ad hoc research projects, selecting relevant Qual & Quant research methodologies and agencies, ensuring full debriefing of the work and dissemination of actionable recommendations. This will entail Segmentation, Innovation & Communication plans.
- Agree and manage the insight budget, ensuring effective use and tracking of all spend.
- Lead the provision of category, market, customer and shopper insight to feed into the Brand and Commercial planning processes.
- Develop & Inspire the marketing & commercial teams to be self-sufficient in extracting data where possible
- Alongside the Head of Insights, provide actionable insights which inform and shape the company Category Vision, ensuring a review process is in place to keep the Vision up to date and future proof.
- Supplying accurate and relevant marketing information and adding value through data driven insights from multiple sources & categories
- Support and in some cases lead the analysis and understanding of the performance of all priority brand activities.
- Drive a holistic view and share learning from findings across multiple categories.
Whilst the ideal candidate will have gained a strong level of exposure to Category Insights within the FMCG Channel.
*The client is open to candidates who may have gained Insights Exposure across any one of the following Channels & Functions:
- FMCG Supply Side
- Consumer Durable Supply Side
- Ideally Category Insights focused role
- Trade Marketing/Customer Marketing- With Insights Bias
- Brand/Consumer Marketing- With Insights Bias
- Agency Side Role
- Retail Side Role
In doing so they will be at ease with operating in an intellectually stretching environment, where results are driven via a “smart thinking” approach. Being an International Player, successful candidates will have access to a strong and structured career path with a Global FMCG player.