Depot Manager- East Midlands
7 days left
- Contract Type
Depot Manager- East Midlands
Full Time: 45 hours per week including weekends
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Hyperama plc is one of the UK's leading Cash & Carry and foodservice operators as well as leading importers and suppliers of Ethnic food in the UK. From small beginnings in Nottingham in 1976, the company now operates from four depots in the Midlands which include Nottingham, West Bromwich, Peterborough and Derby and operates a mixed fleet of vehicles used to transport goods to our clients across the UK.
We also have the Tiger Tiger brand which was launched to meet the growing demand for authentic premium Asian food. Tiger Tiger has a range of products allowing consumers to experience restaurant quality food in their own homes in a convenient and delicious manner. Tiger Tiger is widely sold in the UK and is also exported to the USA, Middle East and Europe.
The Hyperama Group is a growing business and a dynamic place to work.
We employ over 300 employees across the group, and our success is reliant on our staff feeling engaged, motivated and valued. We share a common goal of providing customer satisfaction as the group continues to expand and thrive in a variety of competitive markets
Due to continued Growth and expansion we are looking for additional Store / Depot Manager to join the business.
The principle responsibility of the role is to lead the team to ensure the store is operating in an efficient, safe and legal manner and offering excellent customer service. You will be dedicated to keeping customers at the forefront of everything you do, take ownership and pride in your work, have a proven track record of leading a team to success, be enthusiastic and have drive and ambition to be the best.
Due to the nature of this role, this would be ideally suited to someone with a proven track record in a senior retail/wholesale management position, that has a hands on approach.
The candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Delivering consistent high store standards, improving range, merchandising and on shelf availability
- Managing routine procedures whilst ensuring that all policies are adhered to.
- Delivering all store KPIs - sales, shrinkage, profit, wage costs etc to achieve targets as agreed with your Manager.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and setting challenging targets to minimise payroll costs
- Manage, lead and develop the team to deliver high performance
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with customers
- Maintain H&S, Food Safety and Fire Regulations
- Training and development of the store team, managing performance and coaching
- Ensure the security procedures are followed by all employees and updated as required
- Ensure the customer always has a excellent shopping experience, by having plans in place, encouraging the right culture and challenging the team to improve service
- Effectively communicate with third parties both internal and external
- Engaging with Customers, using feedback to improve service and satisfaction
The candidate will need to:
- Have a proven track record with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior management role within a wholesale / retail environment
- Be self-motivated, demanding, hardworking and able to work autonomously
- Be IT literate and have excellent administrative skills
- Have a good level of commercial awareness in a wholesale / retail environment
- Be resilient when faced with business opportunities
- Be responsive and proactive in your Management style to suit operational requirements
A range of benefits are available to the successful candidate, including; a full staff benefits scheme with retail discounts, discounted products and memberships. In addition there is also an employee assistance programme, staff discount in store, childcare voucher scheme, pension and more!
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive if you do not hear from us within four weeks your application has not been successful.
Apply for Depot Manager- East Midlands
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly