PACKING & INGREDIENTS BUYER
Today J Sykes and Sons is proud to supply over 500 Wholesale customers, Key Multi National Retailers and Food Manufacturers. Employing 85 staff in management and support roles and a further 40 staff in our busy production facilities our business is geared for future growth and evolution. With a turnover approaching £100 million, we are considered to be the premier importer of quality Frozen Fish and Seafood to the UK and Irish markets, with an expanding export market program underway. We are supported by an integrated proposition, using our advanced UK production facilities to apply higher levels of product safety, value adding and cost reductions.
We have a great opportunity for an ambitious and driven PACKAGING & INGREDIENTS BUYER to join our Purchasing team in Manchester. Reporting to the Purchasing Director, this role will involve building relations with new and existing suppliers and developing a supply & inventory strategy. The Packaging & Ingredients Buyer will be responsible for sourcing of packaging (for example film, trays, bags, boxes etc.) and added ingredients. The role will involve working closely with the purchasing team to identify stock requirements, and also working closely with the NPD team to identify and source ingredients. The candidate will need to have experience in price negotiation, purchasing and controlling stock levels to match business requirements.
The successful candidate will have experience of purchasing in an FMCG environment and meeting targets and KPIs. The candidate will need to feel comfortable working in a fast paced environment, managing multiple tasks, and working to strict deadlines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and continuously review company stocks of packaging & ingredients to ensure inventory is at agreed levels to meet and support the requirements of the business.
- Negotiate and Purchase packaging & ingredients in line with inventory targets and production plans.
- Continually review the overall “value” offered by existing suppliers and ensure that the Company’s purchasing remains globally competitive.
- Develop new supplier relationships from new origins to continually support and broaden our supply chain and product mix.
- Liaise with the sales teams to ensure our market price proposition is correctly positioned of the finished product.
- Complete routine stock and inventory checks and keep accurate account of findings.
- Timely and effective communication of forecasts and purchase orders to suppliers and internally reporting to the Purchasing Director.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong negotiation and communication skills; able to close deals.
- Prior Buyer experience in FMCG company
- Analytical approach with attention to detail
Closing Date to Apply: 22nd September 2017
If you have the necessary skills and experience for this position, please apply via email to the HR department email@example.com
We aim to provide feedback to all applicants, but due to the volume of applications being received we are not always able to do this; if you do not receive any form of communication from us within 2 weeks of the closing date for submitting applications, then unfortunately your application was not successful on this occasion. We will however retain your CV on file, should another position become available in the future