BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE, SOUTHERN UK
Business Development Executive – Field Based
Reporting To: Senior Sales Manager
Responsible for: No direct reports
Purpose of the Role:
To develop Fossil Group sales and brand execution within a defined geographic territory. Identifying new business opportunities within retail and identifying opportunities to enhance the visibility of our brands.
Working closely with the head office team the Business Development Executive will also work on business improvement initiatives within key multiple retail stores in addition to actively selling ranges in to brand right independent retailers.
To be the “Face” of the Fossil Group, representing the company and its brands, whilst building and maintaining professional relationships with all accounts at all times.
To manage a territory retail base, covering both independent retailers and multiple retail chains.
- Develop a territory sales plan that ensures maximum retail coverage.
- Actively sell the Fossil Group range of products to brand right independent retailers.
- Support business planning initiatives with multiple retail chain stores within the territory, working with head office account teams to identify opportunities for sales improvement.
- Present new product ranges across the Fossil Group brands to independent retailers.
- Utilise the Fossil Group sales systems and analytics tools to ensure all sales opportunities are realised.
Retail Execution and Brand Management
- Ensure retailers within territory adhere to the Fossil Group brand standards and adjacencies outlined in the SDA and VMGs.
- Support retailers to ensure they maintain their visual merchandising standards.
- Identify opportunities at retail for Fossil Group marketing opportunities and product visibility enhancement.
- Identify new retail opportunities that meet with our brand objectives.
Ensure relationships are built at store level in both multiple and independent retail stores.
- Support training initiatives within the multiple retail and independent sector.
- Keep the independent retailers up to date with new product ranges and sales initiatives.
- Support multiple retailers with training, engagement and keep informed of any new initiatives.
- Develop insights into the local market and retailers and feedback to the head office sales team.
- Ensuring retailers are utilising all Fossil Group tools such as the B2B and CSS systems.
- Be the first point of contact for independent retailers and ensure a regular visit plan in place.
- Meeting sales targets
- Ensuring brand max sales targets are met
- Selective distribution adherence
- Visual Merchandising Standards
- Driving performance of poor performing stores from the multiple retail chains
- Meeting scheduling and visit targets
- Implementing training initiatives
- Managing product lifecycle and markdown process (where applicable)
- Ideally degree educated
- Experience managing field based sales territories
- Background in luxury, fashion, FMCG or Consumer Electronics
- Experience managing multiple doors and accounts
- Good understanding of selective distribution
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly numerate
- Experience with field based sales packages and scheduling systems