Account Manager (Field Based)
Account Manager for South East and London South.
Reporting to: Head of Sales and Marketing
Overall Job Purpose:
- Meet existing customers (stockists & key account) and service their technical and sales enquiries.
- Gain new business within stockists and design accounts.
- Seek new business with Interior Designers.
- Achievement of the business plan and sales revenue for the region.
- Ensure the Mylands image is maintained to the highest standard.
- Understand market/competitors and share this knowledge via Monthly Reports.
- Meeting customers across the region as allocated by geographical area. Visiting existing customers, which incorporates presenting and training stockists, trade accounts, demonstrating and instructing on product use.
- New business visits – drive-bys, internet searches, social networking and competitor websites. Cold call into offices.
- Answering technical enquiries from customers.
- Submit weekly Reports to Commercial Director – journey plan for week ahead, activity report on previous week.
- Submit Monthly Report to Commercial Director by the last working day of the month.
- Monitor and feedback on market conditions including new channel opportunity and competitor activities.
- Presenting to Interior Designers & Architects.
- Ensure merchandising and display stands provide optimum presentation of Mylands in store.
- Build and implement a plan to ensure good geographical coverage in all channels for Mylands products.
- Attend Trade Events and Exhibitions as required.
- Provide customers with finished samples.
- Site visits to resolve technical and product issues
- Sales experience (in similar industry desirable)
- Knowledge of high end brand
Skills and Qualifications:
- Full UK driving license
- Numerical sense
- Good negotiation skills
- Good standard of communication in English
- Proficient in Excel, Word & Powerpoint
- Ability to learn and retain technical information
- Ability to self-motivate
- Problem solver
- Willing to travel
- Well-presented and personable