Graduate Account Executive - Science Graduate
Are you a Science / Engineering Graduate looking for a career? My client, based in Reading, are a global science company that manufacture Scientific equipment found in laboratories. They are looking for a Graduate Account Executive - Science Graduate to join their exciting sales team.
My client, a globally well known scientific manufacturing business are looking for an ambitious, hungry science / engineering graduate to join their growing sales team.
Based in Reading my client are very well known and sell their products across the world. They manufacture hardware and software products used in laboratories across the world. Whether your learning science in the classroom or conducting research you will be utilising their products. Easy to use and referenced in scientific journals, their high-end equipment is used across a variety of fields including physiology, pharmacology and medicine.
My client have been developing these quality products for over 25 years and are well know in their field. They will offer first-class training for the successful applicant and will help you develop your career.
My client believes in making versatile products that help advance science education and research.
Key Responsibilities of the Graduate Account Executive - Science Graduate:
- Support the outside sales representative to ensure the growth of the assigned territory.
- Acquire and maintain a high understanding of the my client's product range.
- Manage a number of accounts
- Qualify incoming sales leads and refer to outside sales representative
- Work alongside customers, assisting and advising them of my client's products and the correct solution to meet their application requirements.
- Maintain territorial market and competitor awareness, developing and presenting ideas for new opportunities.
- Research colleges, universities, and companies to identify potential clients and refer to the appropriate sales representative.
- Conduct quarterly check-ins with users to evaluate service and promote workshops, training activities, new features, and products.
- Update and maintain accurate records in the customer relationship management system.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other members of the sales team
The successful Graduate Account Executive - Science Graduate:
- Science or Engineering Degree
- The ability to develop a good understanding of my client's product range and practical application areas
- Confident telephone manner
- Confident talking to clients over the telephone and over email
- Ability to work well independently and within a group, sharing ideas and problem solving
- Excellent organisational skills such as time management and prioritising
- A flexible approach and the ability to influence others
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- An eye for detail and the ability to maintain a very high level of accuracy
- Experience working in a laboratory is beneficial but not essential
- Commutable to Reading on daily basis
£20,000 - £23,000 per annum
Other company benefits