National Account Manager – Convenience
National Account Manager – Convenience
ARE YOU A CUSTOMER FOCUSED, NPD DRIVEN, SALES PROFESSIONAL? WOULD YOU LIKE TO UTILISE THIS SKILL SET WITHIN ONE OF THE LARGEST FOOD PRODUCERS IN BRITAIN?
Are you looking for a role where you can make a significant impact with future career progression? Does working in a fast paced, environment where everyone has a passion for what they do excite you? Are you an enthusiastic and engaging Account Manager? Do you have experience working with the UKs Convenience Retail Channel? if so, read on!
The Advocate Group are partnered with a multimillion pound turnover food business who are leaders in their field. Who are looking to appoint a National Account Manager to join their growing business? They are a British family run food company who are looking for the best talent! An experienced NAM is required reporting directly to the Sales Director working from the Head Office in North West England. The role will drive sales and cultivate key relationships in the Convenience Channel, working closely with all departments especially NPD and Marketing to drive the continuous growth the company has achieved.
The portfolio of products are within the chilled food sector and if you are passionate about food this role will provide an exciting career move. The organisations expertise are held in very high regard by their retail partners. Operating across mainly private label, the business produce award winning products and have a strong British heritage. The role offers a supportive but autonomous environment as well as offering exciting plans of growth, to accelerate the business.
- Develop customer relationships and raise awareness of the organisation and brand portfolio via ongoing professional conduct.
- Develop strategies to grow sales and maximise profitability, including a significant amount of NPD.
- Support the Sales team with budget management and customer forecasting, responsible for accurate forecasting working closely with demand planning.
- Working in collaboration with relevant Category and Commercial Managers ensuring activity within specific retailers is appropriate for the shopper, retailer and brand to gain maximum ROI.
- To understand the commercial necessities of the account to a detailed level using costing models and working closely with the commercial team.
- To hold regular team meetings, to lead and inspire, share best practise and to drive the business forward.
- Managing the implementation of the customer plan, to include sales forecasting, project management and supply chain events management.
- Explore opportunities for growth into new markets and with new customers
- Pro-actively identify problems and implement solutions.
The successful candidate:
- Minimum of 3 Years NAM experience within FMCG (Private label is a strong desirable)
- Experienced Account Management background within FMCG working across Convenience or other key retailers.
- Evidence of delivering new business with National Accounts and increasing sales and profit.
- Excellent understanding of the sales, marketing and NPD process within an FMCG environment.
- Excellent communication skills, confident in negation with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Extremely motivated, driven, resilient and willing to take ownership of responsibilities.
- Comfortable working with data and information from a variety of sources
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- IT literate: Excel, WORD, Powerpoint
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to Nikita.Pottinger@advocate-group.co.uk or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business. Any direct or third party applications will be handled by The Advocate Group