Area Sales Manager
Job title: Area Sales Manager
Salary: £25,000 Basic + Bonus + Car + Benefits
Sector: Branded Housewares
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: SV16656
Enjoy cooking and food? Think you have what it takes to sell, train, inspire and demonstrate kitchenware to retailers and consumers?
We are looking a field sales executive/representative for a big area in a niche market. Covering the north of England and with a limited journey plan of Wales and Scotland we require a strong candidate to promote and enthuse our retailers. This is a fast paced, high energy environment and the successful candidate must be:
- A pro-active driven individual who can demonstrate previous success in a similar position
- Focus driven with strong ability to consistently achieve targets
- Must be sales-oriented and comfortable with targets
- Highly motivated with a positive can-do attitude and the ability to work on their own initiative
- A team player with clear focus on customer service, quality and accuracy
- A strong but empathetic communicator with an excellent telephone manner that is comfortable dealing with inbound and outbound customer calls and visits
- Takes ownership of queries, problems and projects and manage them to resolution
- Previous field sales role experience would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given
- Able to organise, manage and prioritise own workload and work unsupervised if necessary
- PC Literate - use Apple products and MS Office applications
Dealing with quality cookshops, giftshops, lifestyle stores, garden centres, catering suppliers and internet traders, you would be responsible for some strong retail brands within the Housewares Industry. Selling knives, cookware, tools, gadgets, bakeware and more from premium European brands.
The successful candidate would support and place product in the right environment by successfully selling our goods into a retail/catering/lifestyle sales channel. This can be through the high street (bricks and mortar), through small catering wholesalers or through the ‘right choice’ of internet retailer.
- Growing sales
- Promotional strategy
- Journey planning
- New accounts
- Training – retailer training – fresh and interactive approach
- Demonstrating – how to use the products – either to retailer or consumer
- Observation about our competition
- Business planning the area
- Focus on our top accounts
- Focus on our slow areas – our weaknesses
- Salary Basic £25,000 per annum depending on experience + commission
- Ongoing training and support
- Company car
- Use of company mobile phone and tablet
- Be part of a friendly, focused team
- Company pension
Name Shelley Velati
Telephone 01275 813029
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.