Atom Supplies Limited is a disruptive, multi-award-winning business with a focus on spirit drinks. Alongside running a distribution agency and owning a portfolio of kickass spirit drinks, we operate the UK’s premier spirit drinks retail website, masterofmalt.com. Turnover in our most recent financial year was comfortably in excess of £20m and we’re growing aggressively year-on-year. We don’t care who knows: we’re on a mission to revolutionise the industry.
We are looking for an energetic, confident and intelligent paralegal to join our growing legal and compliance team (which sounds like the ugly step-sister of a rock ’n’ roll business but which really isn’t). We’re looking for team-players with hustle who want things done yesterday.
The ideal candidate will have some legal training, perhaps a law degree or a GDL, as well experience of working in a commercial legal environment. But don’t let us put you off if that doesn’t sound like you - if you’re smart and ambitious, we should talk. We have a track record of training young legal professionals to Jedi level, and we recognise that The Right Stuff can be just as important as the CV.
The work of the team is important and taken seriously – your advice will help to make sure that our ever-expanding operations are protected against suit, crime and regulatory lapse.
The portfolio is broad: providing punchy, commercial responses to a huge variety of questions about employment, contract, corporate and IP law, as well as those relating to industry-specific regulation, will be your day-to-day.
We want somebody who is technically curious. You’ll be supported with access to first class legal resources, but they won’t provide all the answers. Your average legal job this is not.
You’ll report to our Senior In-House Counsel, but you’ll also work very closely with our General Counsel, who sits on the board.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- provide front line support to the Senior In-House Counsel;
- be a legal research badass. Think Michael James Ross and you’re there;
- manage the regulatory aspects of our growing number of subsidiary companies;
- liaise with HMRC in connection with our excise affairs;
- help to protect our growing, global intellectual property portfolio; and
- support the human resources team in respect of its relationships with agencies.
You’ll also need:
- high intelligence and a fast, enquiring mind;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- to not be afraid of getting your hands dirty when it’s all hands to the pump;
- the ability to work independently, as part of a team, whilst holding your breath and upside-down;
- a forensic attention to detail (and a love of pedantry which borders on the pathological);
- to be a great cultural fit for our growing, dynamic, international team; and
- to be a snappy dresser. We don’t do Suits. We karaoke