Senior National Account Manager
Senior National Account Manager
Due to the success of the brands and growth in recent years a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a very talented, energetic and ambitious National Account Manager to join the business and look after some major accounts. The successful candidate will report in to the Managing Director and work very closely with the other functions of the business, but will carry a self-starter mentality into the business and have the autonomy to put their own stamp on this role and their account portfolio. The opportunity for organic growth not just within this role but also across the business is very exciting.
Details about the Client
Briers is a family run business started back in 1999 with just 4 pairs of gloves! Jackie Eades is very much the face of the Briers brand and Nigel Eades keeps everything working behind the scenes. Jackie started it all with garden gloves because what she didn't see were attractive designs aimed at women. In her own words all the garden gloves were rather male orientated whilst in the garden market the majority of the buyers are women. Jackie's experience and background in Retail told her this was an opportunity and also that she needed to establish her point of difference. If we fast forward to today, we now can see the fantastic collections sold across the country, all born out of her vision over 16 years ago.
Detailed Job Description
The Senior National Account Manager will be responsible for managing and developing key accounts such as; Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrison's, Wilkinson's, Homebase, B&Q, Wyevale amongst others. In order to successfully to do this they will be tasked with the following:-
- Build strong relationships within each dedicated key account to increase turnover, expand product lines and land promotional producplans
- Monitor the execution of promotional plans throughout the year and continually adjust these to ensure ROI and overall budgets are met
- Work with key internal teams such as Marketing, Finance and Projects to develop the business further in order to realise new opportunities within the existing accounts and manage through the optimisation of on-going business incremental gains
- Scope to further develop domestic retail opportunities for further growth
- Analyse market opportunities and competitor activity and make recommendations to drive continuous improvements in sales and product development
- Attend all relevant customer meetings, conduct presentations and pitches (tenders) with retailer specific analysis and business updates
- Maintain a multi-point contact network within their accounts and the wider channels in order to successfully maintain a good understanding of all trends and aspects of the market
The successful candidate for this role will ideally possess the following capabilities, skills and expertise:-
- A track record of national account management where they can demonstrate / illustrate sustainable and profitable growth on a strong account portfolio
- Experience of working within a dynamic and hands on environment
- Someone that can handle the pressure of important key accounts
- Very strong negotiator and strong financial acumen
- Commercially astute person who thrives on development
- Good sense of humour and team player
- Strong character, self-starter and ambitious
The successful candidate will need to be able totravel extensively for the role which may also include some overnight stays. The candidate will also be expected to network well across the industry which will involve attending trade shows and exhibitions. In addition they will need to be in the Wincanton office every Monday.
What's on offer
- £very competitive annual salary (depending on experience)
- Plus annual bonus TBC
- Company Car – BMW 3 Series
- Home/Remote based – candidate must be in the Wincanton office every Monday
- Plus additional benefits
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGC13840006Z