Due to the continuing growth and success of our award winning, Sunday Times Fast Track 100 business, an excellent opportunity has arisen for a highly organised and driven Demand Planner to join our fast paced and ambitious team in Tewkesbury.
The Demand Planner will be responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecasts for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, retailer demand planning teams, and other sources (i.e.: customer EPOS data). The role will also involve data analysis and reviews of sales data.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Forecast generation and accuracy;
- Build and maintain good relationships with customer’s demand planning teams;
- Ensure customer forecasts are received and captured in forecasting sheet;
- Purchase order management, to include placing purchase orders with brands and managing stock received against orders placed;
- Achieving Companies Stock Holding KPI;
- Manage stock allocation to customers;
- Manage the inventory process;
- Manage New Product Development estimations and to liaise with Senior Brand Manager and Senior National Account Manager on launch timings and availability;
- Access customer online systems;
- Record customer distribution and ensure stock is available in line with customer forecasts;
- Support the Senior Brand Manager and National Account Manager with any reasonable request.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in Demand Planning essential;
- Ability to manipulate, analyse, and interpret data;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office Programmes. Experience creating reports in accounting software;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Customer service and support experience;
- Experience working in a fast paced office environment;
- Exceptional communication skills;
- FMCG desirable, but not essential;
- Past experience working for UK Distributors or retailers desirable, but not essential.
- Confident and well presented;
- Can demonstrate a high level of accuracy and excellent commercial awareness;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Enthusiastic with a ‘Can Do’ attitude;
- Ability to prioritise;
- A proactive attitude with confidence to take initiatives;
- Flexible and adaptable;
- Attention to detail;
- A problem solver and strong communicator;
- A self-starter and team player.
Good Standard of education to include English and Mathematics and IT.
Monday – Friday 37.5Hrs per week