Product Developer - Gifts & Home
Product Developer - Gifts and Home! Up to £40,000 depending on experience, London
We are working with a fabulous creative gift and home product design company that supplies their products to retailers worldwide. They are looking for a talented and passionate Product Developer to join their hugely successful team!
You will work within the Product Team who is dedicated to developing gorgeous design-led products for many well-known retail customers in the UK and worldwide including John Lewis, Tesco, Selfridges, Harrods and Urban Outfitters – as well as thousands of smaller independent boutiques and online retailers.
Your role as Product Developer will include:
- Taking ownership of new product ranges and product refreshes.
- Analysing the market and new product development opportunities.
- Accurately briefing in-house teams (Product/Graphic Design, Photography, Licensors).
- Taking feedback from these teams and amending projects where necessary.
- Ensuring factories and suppliers and briefed accurately and effectively.
- Ensuring target margins are met and maintained by negotiating cost prices with suppliers as well as lead times, MOQ’s, and any additional charges when required.
- Taking responsibility for multiple critical paths, from initial concepts, right though to production.
- Coordinating multiple product development projects.
- Always be looking for opportunities of cost saving by possible amendments to a product specification whilst maintaining a high level of quality.
- Helping to ensure all quality and technical product standards are met.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with your existing supply base.
- Helping to source new suppliers, both UK and FE.
- Proof reading of products and packaging.
- Creating detailed product specifications.
- Working with the wider cross functional team; operations regarding stock control, design, copywriting, sales, accounts department and customer services.
The successful Product Developer applicant must have / be:
- At least 3 years' of hands on product development experience.
- Buying experience will be considered if you have developed direct with factories (not through agents).
- Excellent communication skills - in both briefing and feedback scenarios.
- Be experienced with critical paths and development time lines (including chasing up deliverables).
- Have experience working with creatives.
- Must have visited Far East based factories.
- Adaptable - willing to accept responsibilities outside their normal remit.
- Be able to take direction from senior management.
- Be pro-active and driven by constructive criticism from project team members.
- Have knowledge of the gift/home industry.
- Have awareness of compliance and product safety.
- Have a very strong commercial sense and be able to express this creatively and commercially.
Please get in touch to hear more about this fabulous Product Developer role.