Area Procurement Manager - West Midlands
Paul Nyman Consultancy are recruiting for an East Midlands, field based Area Procurement Manager on behalf of a craft bakery business.
About The Business
Our client operates across multiple categories but with a core focus on bakery products which they supply to multiple customer channels. Following a period of sustained growth they are expanding their sales and operational teams to push towards their £100M T/O target.
About The Role
As Area Procurement manager you will be charged with resourcing, developing and managing a network of suppliers within the Midlands area. You will work closely with these suppliers and their customers and maintain regular contact with internal and external stakeholders of these businesses. Specifically you will work with the Regional Business Manager to develop profitable customer and supplier strategies.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within food retailing/manufacturing business
- A working understanding of the bakery category
- Procurement or Sales experience within Food
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Numerate and self-motivated with a working understanding of Excel and other business programmes
- Degree Educated
- Exposure/understanding of food hygiene legislation
- Knowledge of the East Midlands Food manufacturing area
- Retail or Foodservice channel experience
- Blue chip training at some point in career
I client is a growing business and the expectation would be for the successful individual to progress upwards within the business going forwards.
Paul Nyman Consultancy specialise in Sales, Marketing, Category, NPD, Technical & Interim recruitment across the FMCG sector.