Business Development Manager
HMY Group (UK) is a leading group in the engineering, design and manufacture and fitting of retail interiors, with factories across the globe.
We work closely with some of the UK’s leading retailers to provide consultation, design and architectural services, including site and project management, as well as contracting and technology solutions. Our British manufacturing capabilities allow us to deliver innovative solutions that transform retail spaces and create unique shopping experiences.
We’re looking for two experienced Business Development Managers to join our team in Milton Keynes and help us to grow our portfolio, drive sales and further cement HMY’s reputation as a leading provider to the UK’s retail sector.
You will be required to:
• Acquire new customers for HMY Group in UK and global markets
• Integrate new business wins into existing customer base profitably
• Prepare the customer to recognise HMY in the UK as the supplier of choice
• Propose, agree and meet sales and profit targets
• Promote appropriate products utilising global manufacturing capability in UK and global markets
• Establish best in class service levels with all customers
• Generate revenue opportunities from new customers in line with agreed targets and business strategy
• Develop and deliver a business plan supporting new market extension and new client penetration
• Grow margins and profit whilst understanding risk and sensitivity within the market place
• Develop long term customer relationships at a senior level in order to leverage the correct business opportunity aligned to HMY business philosophy.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Meet sales and operational targets as set by your manager
• Build a continuous sales pipeline
• Establish contact and on-going dialogue with target customers
• Record all customer dealings via CRM system
• Prepare and agree key account annual business plan and monitor/amend as appropriate
• Ensure HMY’s full range of services are constantly communicated to all customers
• Prepare commentary on competitor activity that could affect client relationship and turnover/profitability e.g. SWOT analysis
• Take design briefs and convert to new products
• Match client’s needs to the business’ capability
• Ensure HMY’s terms and conditions are communicated to and understood by the client
• Lead with the preparation of annual sales forecasts and strategic business plans
• Provide weekly updates to sales and pipeline trackers
• Control account pricing in conjunction with agreed tender rates
• Continually focus on developing profitable sales revenue streams whenever and wherever the client involves its business
• Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports.
Successful candidates will be strong communicators, hardworking and industry-aware, as well as committed to promoting company excellence.
You will need to embrace our ethos of developing strong, long-lasting relationships and delivering best-in-class service levels to all customers. You will be a motivated, proactive and confident individual with lots of energy and drive. Through your skills and experience you will play an active role in the continued development and growth of our business. You will have:
• A 2.1 or above in a relevant degree (or equivalent)
• A professional attitude to work
• An innovative and flexible approach
• A tenacious attitude with the ability to stay on track when working in complex political environments
• Exceptional communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong commercial awareness with particular emphasis on profitability
• The ability to work as part of a team, but be equally capable of working on your own initiative
• Demonstrable consultative selling skills, capable of developing solutions beyond price
• Specific experience and success within the retail fixtures/point-of-sale sector, both from a commercial and operational background as an advantage.