Senior National Account Manager
Field-based with weekly presence in Waltham, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
Mars Food has a fantastic portfolio of brands, a healthy NPD pipeline and all the tools you need to achieve this. As a National Account Manager, your role is to drive profitable NSV growth and manage all dimensions of the customer relationships internally and externally, including owning stakeholder relationships within customers. You will also play a part in the development of the long term strategy for the customer and providing input to develop the strategy for the channel.
Your responsibilities as National Account Manager will include:
Delivering agreed NSV and business shape within agreed trade spend budget
Negotiating and driving effective Joint Business Plans with all relevant parties
Building constructive relationships with all appropriate customer contacts
Delivering of the DADI model (Distribution, Availability, Display, Impact) in these customers, through focus on core range listings and distribution, category partnerships & range reviews and retail execution improvements
Developing, managing, and executing promotional activity programmes with these customers
Being a key member of the Discount team, including team champion roles as appropriate.
To do this role as National Account Manager you'll need:
- Proven FMCG account management track record on a big 4 account
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- The ability to be entrepreneurial and agile
- A full driving licence and flexibility to travel nationally and be present at our Waltham office typically 2 days per week
- Flexibility for occasional travel to Ireland and to Isle of May
In return, we offer:
- Range of in-house training opportunities
- Competitive salary, bonus and excellent benefits
- Great career progression opportunities
Mars Food is part of Mars Inc, a family-owned company with worldwide annual sales of over £33billion. Since 1932, we’ve been producing iconic brands in the UK, including DOLMIO and UNCLE BEN'S, in addition to other globally admired products such as GALAXY, WHISKAS and PEDIGREE. Waltham is close to Melton Mowbray and just a 40-minute commute from Leicester, Nottingham or Newark.
"We are committed to equal opportunity employment practices."