Category Strategy Manager
Our client is the UK’s leading branded FMCG manufacturer who has major brands within the drinks arena.
Their brands are currently in YOY growth and their category, marketing and sales departments are being heavily invested in.
As a business they are able to offer you a high level of autonomy balanced with a team focused culture. If you are looking for a role where you can make a big impact then this could be the one for you!
As a Category Strategy Manager you will work closely with internal partners across Marketing and Sales functions to ensure plans deliver sustainable growth while remaining focused on the Category Vision. If you have a desire to develop your strategic thinking in a business critical team this is a fantastic opportunity that offers you the exposure to build a career with varied career possibilities.
- Responsible for developing the category strategy across a key product portfolio
- Reviewing category performance and Data Management - Ensuring that the category vision of segmentation is correctly represented in business reporting and across the data providers
- Understanding of Competitors in the category
- Developing NPD including Understanding and identifying opportunities and Developing category focused sell-in stories
- Delivering commercial propositions and identifying point of buying solutions
- You will have the ability to look at consumer needs as a source of inspiration, with proven sales and marketing experience and a track record of achievement.
- Your approach must be very analytical in order to influence the category agenda.
- A forward thinking, flexible attitude is vital and you must have the drive and resilience to succeed and be able to work from you own initiative.
- The role will involve cross functional team working therefore the ability to successfully develop and maintain relationships by adopting a collaborative working style is crucial.
- Extensive FMCG experience and able to demonstrate significant category management experience; specifically a track record of implementing category strategies with customers for significant business benefit.
- Strategic thinker able to develop clear vision for the category within the channel / customer
- Experience of shopper / market insight techniques.
- Experience of shaping company commercial (sales and marketing) strategies through category strategy.
- Strong commercial awareness of P+L right through the value chain to consumer price, together with an understanding of levers to drive Revenue – Price, Volume and Mix.
If you do not hear back within 7 days the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. We are a specialist in the consumer sector and as such most of our vacancies require candidates with experience in the consumer market. We will therefore retain your details and contact you if we can be of some assistance to you in your search.