Ball and Hoolahan are partnering with a global, innovative and renowned FMCG business to find their next generation of Category Development superstars. Are you friendly, honest and commercially minded? Do you want to work in a business that will help shape your career and develop your skills?
As a Category Development Manager you will work across my clients’ high potential/ high growth customers providing customer related Insights to deliver Range, Merchandising, Promotional and Pricing solutions. Reporting into the Strategic Category Manager, this role sits within the Customer Marketing function and supports the company’s growth.
- To lead the category agenda for a specific channel and retailer and provide ad-hoc support when needed for other channels and customers
- Delivering category leadership to customers and to the organisation – developing and rolling out the category vision, strategically and in-year delivery
- Ensuring the business becomes renowned for creating and implementing the best POP solutions which drive profitable growth for the business and the retailer
- Development & execution of a (4Ps) category plan with priority customers that delivers sustainable growth in a specific category
- To transform shoppers and retailers view of a specific category
- Ideally, you will have a proven track record developing sharp market insights to support Marketing and Sales teams. You will be able to champion additional distribution opportunities for the categories and be confident at presenting your ideas to internal and external teams. Strong numerical and analytical skills are key to this role, as well as an ability to exploit category opportunities.
Desired candidate characteristics:
- Solid FMCG experience in category management, preferably in a food category (FMCG, retailer or Agency background)
- First-hand experience of managing customer relationships
- Good analytical skills and commercially minded
- Strategic thinker able to develop clear vision for the category within the retail environment and store formats
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in presenting, with good facilitation skills
- Demonstrable capability of applying category management thinking
- Strong understanding of shopper / market insight techniques and how they relate to category development
- Open minded/flexible and wanting to gain a broad skill set – i.e. open to moving around different areas of the business.
- Have a can-do attitude, hands on, keen to learn with the energy to work in this pacey, dynamic FMCG business.
Our client has brands you use every day, and brands you love. This is a fantastic role if you are looking to develop your career within an FMCG business that will provide solid and thorough training with lots of opportunities for moving into other business sectors further down the line.
Package includes a competitive salary (based on experience), car, bonus and a variety of broader benefits.
What now? To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Reference no. 20774
** Please note that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you don’t hear back from us within 3 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to visit our website and register for job alerts as new opportunities arise on a daily basis **