Are you interested in a new challenge in a progressive, professional and a well-established food manufacturer?
Are you able to work to complexity and in a dynamic, fun and collaborative business?
This business is a major player within FMCG, and are looking to appoint a new Procurement Manager covering a particular category. This company are part of a global player which is a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group with over 100,000 employees and operations in 50 countries across Europe, southern Africa, the Americas, Asia and Australia. An exciting, commercial and ambitious business who have demonstrated strong growth over a sustained period and will offer you career progression opportunities, challenge and the ability to work with a long serving and team.
Grocery comprises consumer-facing businesses that manufacture and market a variety of well-known food brands both nationally and internationally.
- Manage the purchase of all ingredients and blends.
- Approx. £4 million expenditure
- Develop new suppliers to meet the needs of the existing business and new product development.
- Develop Procurement Category plans for key ingredients to ensure that the business has a sustainable long term supply of ingredients.
- Ensure that relevant Commercial colleagues are aware of movements in the specific market so that they can price in order to optimise profit
- Obtain and analyse market information identifying potential forward price movements.
- Manage the businesses relationship with foreign suppliers to ensure that we are the customer of choice
- Work with other functions to expedite deliveries & solve quality issues where required.
- Play a leading role in developing the category segment strategy
- Generate market reports for internal publication.
- Manage and forecast budgets in line with business requirements.
The Procurement Manager will operate as part of a wider team and take ultimate responsibility for the procurement of one specific business areas. It is vital that this role works collaboratively with Commercial and Operational internal stakeholders and will be responsible for:
- Collaborate with sister companies & category leadership team on procurement and share knowledge.
- Previous procurement experience: 3+ Years.
- Degree qualified.
- Valid UK driving licence.
- Strong analytical, report writing & communication skills (verbal & written).
- Experience in use of E procurement tools an advantage (desirable)
- Experience in the procurement of a range of different goods and services.
- Category management experience.
- CIPs/part CIPS qualified. (desirable)
- FMCG/Food Industry experience (desirable)
This role is a significant opportunity within a recognised FMCG business with the opportunity to further progress and make impact!
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 7 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business.