Manage the procurement of a portfolio of materials, goods or services for the group, optimising cost, cash, quality and service. Drive added value through sourcing strategically, value engineering, innovation delivery and risk management.
A leading global FMCG manufacturer. The organisation is valued for their structure and work ethic within the FMCG world. They promote internal progression for individuals with potential and are looking to expand their procurement team due to an internal move within the business.
Your main tasks are:
- Set up, validate and implement the purchasing strategies for the raw materials portfolio you are responsible for.
- Prospect and propose the best possible supplier(s) for the material in question.
- Negotiate the best possible terms for the materials to be bought with a ‘Total Cost of Ownership’ approach.
- Advice the business in case of non conforming suppliers.
- Coordinate the projects that have been assigned to you in close collaboration with the different stakeholders.
- Support the Group Purchasing Manager to ensure adequate supply of raw material at the best possible conditions.
- Track and report market trends, risks and opportunities, linked to your portfolio.
- Ensure annual budget forecast and requested re-forecast of your portfolio.
- Ensure reporting’s to help understand the purchasing performance and impact on the business.
- Portfolio Spend of typically £10 -30M and contract value approval limit £0.5M
- A degree in Purchasing, Business or Economics or any other relevant discipline is preferred, but not essential. You may hold the equivalent level by experience.
- Procurement experience as a buyer within an FMCG capacity.
- Fluency in English is essential. Knowledge of another European language is a plus.
- You are a dynamic professional with an enthusiastic, can-do and positive attitude.
- You have very good communication and demonstrated negotiation skills.
- You are self-motivated, result driven and business oriented.
Call me directly on 0161 639 0080.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.