QA Sensory Technician
QA Sensory Technician
Do you want to save the world from boring food? Joins us and we will save you from boring work !
We are currently looking for a QA Sensory Technician to join our Haddenham location. This role is responsible for the co-ordination of the QA Sensory assessment of materials in accordance with the requirements of defined, methods and procedures Do you have proven knowledge and experience of sensory testing methods? Do you find yourself well in a fast paced, international work environment?
If so, you might be the person we are looking for! Our growth starts with yours.
- Routine testing of critical raw materials, WIP, and finished seasoning blends, according to documented procedures.
- Collect data from surveillance and formal ballots. Maintain and file paper records and data entry using SAP Quality Module.
- Manage QA sensory panels to ensure continued development of the Gold Standard program capabilities in line with company, customer and third party standards.
- Manage and coordinate testing requests for shelf-life extensions.
- Manage the escalation of failed batches using documented processes and procedures, in timely fashion.
- Assist laboratory leadership with the investigation of sensory failures.
- Ensure adherence to appropriate policies and procedures (including GLP, GMP, H&S) to achieve and maintain department to company, third party and customer standards.
- Adhere to policies and procedures to achieve and maintain; department, company, third party and customer audit standards
- Management and maintenance of QA Sensory Laboratory sample and Archive Facility.
- Support continuous improvement and workplace efficiency programmes by adherence to 5S protocols.
- Act as the QA point of contact, and develop expertise in Sensory analysis. Assist and support training in sensory analysis.
- Manage the day-to-day running of the Gold Standard Programme.
- Support R&D Flavourists /Technologists in NPD and growth via the FTO process.
- Attend meetings which support the Gold Standard Programme and provide relevant information on request.
- Educated to HND level or relevant experience in a similar role.
- Scientific approach with attention to detail
- Proven knowledge & experience of sensory testing methods
- Ability to interpret results of sensory testing methods
- Good written and verbal communication skills – ability to deal with suppliers and customers
- Good numerical skills / statistical analysis skills
- PC literate with experience of Microsoft Office, Access Databases & SAP
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as under own initiative
- Ability to supervise and/or train staff
- Good organisation & time management skills – able to prioritise work
- Should be capable of assisting in main laboratory as appropriate
- Willing and capable to learn new skills
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.2 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 24 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 110 countries. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 4,500 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.