NPD Technical Manager
NPD Technical Manager
Are you an Experienced technically minded NPD Manager looking to join a business that is highly innovative and expanding at pace? Do you have a background in Food & Drink? If so please read on for this exciting opportunity!
The FMCG business would suit an energetic and dynamic individual who has experience operating as an NPD Manager within a Private Label organisation while also having the technical knowledge to understand factory manufacturing capabilities. This company is going through an exciting growth period with a lots of new SKU’s being launch into the Major retailers.
As NPD Technical Manager you will have responsibility for shaping the NPD strategy for 2 major retailer accounts. This will include building customer relationships through weekly visits, understanding product requirements from an NPD perspective and being able lead the projects from concept to launch. This role will give you exposure to international travel, where you will lead the development team to ensuring projects are on schedule with the Critical Path. You will also have the opportunity to visit trade shows and festivals to keep on top of current trends!
The role will encompass the following duties:
- Customer facing – Developing & managing relationships with major retailer customers.
- Working with customers to understand NPD & Innovation briefs.
- Advising customers on factory capabilities from a Technical perspective & offering product focused solutions to the customer.
- Advising customers on how products will appear visually within a Retail store format.
- Taking products from Ideation stage right the way through to Launch
- Leading the development team, ensuring that projects are launched on time and to specification
- Keeping up to date with and analysing market trends – through attendance of trade shows & festivals.
- You will have strong experience in a NPD management role in either the Food or Drink product categories.
- You will have a background in private label manufacturing.
- You will have a technical understanding of both product & production processes
- You will be an enthusiastic individual who is has strong commercial acumen and willing to offer support to the wider business when needed.
- Flexible to travel to Europe on a monthly basis
Apply now or call Jack Forth at The Advocate Group Directly on 0207 871 8000