Our client is an export wholesaler & distributor of European grocery brands to international markets. They already represent some iconic British food & drink household brands and due to expansion plans are looking for an experienced Buying/Sourcing Manager to join the team. As they are going through a period of rapid growth this will be a key role within the company which gives exposure and involvement in all areas of the business, including product development. Although the team is small, they deliver big results and promote a company culture where employees support each other in all areas.
This role would suit an ambitious candidate who has outgrown a similar role in an FMCG and is now keen to take on extra responsibility, and eager to make a difference in the company. In return they are offering a competitive salary and 24 days’ annual leave entitlement excluding bank holidays.
This position will be office based in Wokingham, Berkshire and is a full-time permanent role.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- To manage the relationship with European Brand Owners, report on UF’s performance by market, attend and present at meetings, providing forecasts, manage technical information requirements, and develop growth plans.
- To work with the sales director and International sales office on new development opportunities, negotiating with new brands, supporting the launch of new products, new markets and monitoring marketing expenditure.
- By tracking market trends and staying aware of innovations in the industry, you will help to maintain a complete offering for all types of customers.
- To work closely with the sales team to constantly source branded products and negotiate with all suppliers including manufacturers, wholesalers and 3rd parties to achieve commercial savings and best terms.
- Be actively involved in NPD projects to create and market house brands.
- International travel is required
The Idea candidate:
- Will be a team player
- Will be commercially astute, with proven negotiation skills, and experience in a customer/supplier facing role.
- Have previous experience in trading or product development ideally within the food & drink retail sector.
- Be an excellent communicator
- Would have an appreciation of the demands of a fast paced Supply Chain with a “can-do” attitude, and have some familiarity with the unique challenges that International Food Supply Chains can create
- Must be highly organized, with an ability to work autonomously and prioritise effectively
- Be comfortable working in a small team.
- Be efficient with MS Office Excel and PowerPoint at an intermediate level
- International culture awareness
- Being able to speak a European language such as German, Italian or Polish will be an advantage but not essential