Analytics Solutions Consultant
ANALYTICS SOLUTIONS CONSULTANT
Department: Solutions & Innovation
Overview of the role:
This position will be joining a team of dedicated sales and marketing effectiveness consultants. The team’s core objective is to generate growth for blue chip FMCG manufacturers and retailers by making recommendations on marketing and sales strategies. This is achieved via insightful analysis of econometric models and other analytic solutions based on EPOS data. Due to the continuing success of the Analytics team, the business has placed a strong emphasis on revenue generated by Analytics in 2017; therefore we will be looking for driven new members of the team to contribute towards this.
You will work as part of a dedicated team of consultants and be responsible for scoping, project management, analysis/execution and account management for major FMCG clients. You will be involved in delivering a portfolio of different services that address sales drivers across the marketing mix.
MAIN ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing analytics new business by considering and proposing new approaches and ways of working and identifying opportunities within core client base
Account and Project Management:
- Strong client management and communication skills; being seen as knowledgeable of CPG/FMCG and analytics sector
- Ensuring projects are delivered to the highest quality and within budget
- Taking responsibility for own accounts and ensuring quality delivery of programs by self and near shore modelling team
- To be responsible for scoping, managing and implementing analyses to address clients’ business issues
- Analysis and presentation of project results, capable of preparing and delivering insightful, high value client presentations to sales and marketing teams leveraging IRI’s suite of analytic solutions
- Capable of becoming a subject matter expert in relation to the analytic solutions and their ability to answer client’s business issues
Internal Management and Coaching:
- Working with the Senior solutions consultant to ensure that effective internal standard processes, training, and processes are followed
- Providing support and coaching with client servicing team on IRI’s processes & methodologies, products & services
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Functional Expertise and Experience
- Solid, relevant market research and FMCG industry experience
- Previous experience having previously worked within an agency specialising in analytics is highly desirable for this role.
- Strong analytical, enquiring, insightful and strategic thinking abilities, preferably with an understanding of marketing ROI and market mix principles
- A proven track record of interpreting data, developing meaningful insights and providing value added recommendations with excellent communication/ presentation and interpersonal skills
- High understanding of FMCG industry and trends: client business and needs, market trends and other areas of the business, may be a subject matter expert in media /Price/Promotion practices within FMCG or related industries
- Candidates must have experience of working in data-insight based consultancy roles, statistical background is desirable, but not essential
- Strong planning and organisational skills, managing complex client requirements, multiple projects and local and offshore resources
- Ability to make sound decisions and resolve problems in a highly client-focused fashion
- Decisive, able to cut through complexity to move things forward, able to manage uncertainty
- A strong team player with the ability to promote and foster strong working relationships across a team and other departments
- Self-motivated, accountable and committed
- Articulate, persuasive with excellent communication skills
- Demonstrable confidence, relates well to multiple levels of staff from a variety of disciplines
- Recognise and proactively communicate potential issues, taking ownership for resolution and/or escalating as appropriate.
- An enthusiast with a genuine passion for the client agenda.
What we do:
IRI is a leading provider of big data, predictive analytics and forward-looking insights that help FMCG, healthcare, retailers and media companies to grow their businesses. With the largest collection of purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data, all integrated on an on-demand cloud-based technology platform, IRI guides its clients around the world in their quests to remain relevant, capture market share, connect with consumers and deliver market leading growth.
Who we are:
As well as the technical skills, experience and attributes that are required for the role, our values sit at the core of our organisation. Therefore we always look for people who can continuously champion our values through-out the business within their day-to-day role:-
The ability to work as a wider team and consider the business as a whole in every action
- Personal Development:
Pro-actively seek out new ways to develop your skills and become more effective within your role
- Executional Excellence:
Superb attention to detail with the ability to plan effectively for the future
- Client Growth:
Natural ability to nurture client relationships and deliver sustainable business growth to clients
Consistently seek out new ways to approach every task/situation
Continuously challenge the way we do things and how we can make our offering different to our competitors
Where we are:
Our UK Head Office is based in Arlington Square, Bracknell. This is just a short drive from the M4 and a 10-15 minute walk from Bracknell Train Station.
What working for IRI can do for you:
- Long-term career development in a market-leading organisation.
- Competitive salary and impressive benefit package to match.
- Working in an international company with opportunities across the UK and globally.
- Bespoke training to suit your individual needs and development.
- Friendly working environment with regular social events planned by our internal social committee through-out the year.