Client Development Manager
CLIENT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Client Growth Delivered (Manufacturing), UK
Overview of the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Client Development team within the Client Growth Delivered (Manufacturing) division and continue the fantastic growth that IRI have enjoyed in this important area over the past few years.
This role demands a strong commercial approach. You will work with an account base of IRI’s mid-tier clients that consist of well-known household brands and private label manufacturers. Your key focus will be to retain and grow your clients through strong relationships and the realisation of IRI’s Growth Delivered strategy.
- Profitable Revenue Growth: The main purpose of the role is to ensure the retention of your existing client base whilst developing profitable and sustainable new revenue streams within accounts. The role will be supported by an Insight Manager who will help provide the valuable nuggets of information that will give our clients a compelling reason to engage. However, we are looking for people with drive and tenacity to really get close to our clients and excite them about the benefits of working more with IRI.
- Consultative Selling: It’s about opportunity identification and conversion based on consultative selling - this is not cold calling. This role is about building relationships and helping businesses to maximise their growth opportunities. This will involve a strong mix of core database deliverable's alongside added value solutions that match clients’ needs and deliver on expectations.
- Client Engagement: Engagement with customer contacts to strengthen working relationships. You need to create a strong base of client contacts, identifying additional stakeholders/decision makers to enable up-selling of IRI Products. This is particularly key when it comes to discussions on high impact Analytics and Technology Solutions.
- Facilitation: Oversee the accurate and timely provision of solutions to your clients with the help of support functions within the Client Development team and the wider IRI organisation. It is essential to build a strong network of internal contacts to maximise support from across the Commercial and Operational teams.
- Administration: Effective, timely and accurate financial administration including maintenance of opportunities, keeping a sales pipeline up-to-date, creation of client P&L’s, renewing client contracts, forecasting and fulfilling internal reporting as required.
- Data & Insights: It is important that you can understand clients’ objectives, to build trust through your knowledge and opinions of their own and industry issues. You will need to keep abreast of developments as well as be confident to use IRI data to achieve this.
Skills and Experience:
- This is a role which requires initiative. It will be very varied and very rewarding for the right person. The role demands drive and focus from a person who really wants to engage with clients every day.
- Able to demonstrate commercial acumen with proven experience in a client facing role
- Excellent planning and organisation
- Highly self-motivated and assured at presenting to all levels
- Strong relationship builder, both internal and external
- Understanding of a ‘consultative selling approach’ with proven questioning and listening skills
- Confident working with data with a good working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Ideally educated to degree level
- A working knowledge of Market tracking and Insights within FMCG would be beneficial
What we do:
IRI is a leading provider of big data, predictive analytics and forward-looking insights that help FMCG, healthcare, retailers and media companies to grow their businesses. With the largest collection of purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data, all integrated on an on-demand cloud-based technology platform, IRI guides its clients around the world in their quests to remain relevant, capture market share, connect with consumers and deliver market leading growth.
Where we are:
Our UK Head Office is based in Arlington Square, Bracknell. This is just a short drive from the M4 and a 10-15 minute walk from Bracknell Train Station.
Who we are:
As well as the technical skills, experience and attributes that are required for the role, our values sit at the core of our organisation. Therefore we always look for people who can continuously champion our values through-out the business within their day-to-day role:-
The ability to work as a wider team and consider the business as a whole in every action
- Personal Development:
Pro-actively seek out new ways to develop your skills and become more effective within your role
- Executional Excellence:
Superb attention to detail with the ability to plan effectively for the future
- Client Growth:
Natural ability to nurture client relationships and deliver sustainable business growth to clients
Consistently seek out new ways to approach every task/situation
Continuously challenge the way we do things and how we can make our offering different to our competitors
What working for IRI can do for you:
- Long-term career development in a market-leading organisation.
- Competitive salary and impressive benefit package to match.
- Working in an international company with opportunities across the UK and globally.
- Bespoke training to suit your individual needs and development.
- Friendly working environment with regular social events planned by our internal social committee through-out the year.