The Buying and Merchandising division of Exsurgo is recruiting an Assistant Merchandiser for a Premium Fashion Brand.
The role of Assistant Merchandiser is to support the financial plans for a product area by ensuring allocations, markdowns. Targets include Sales, Gross Margin
We're looking for someone with previous experience in merchandising and in a retail environment!
The candidate needs to show
• Strong commercial skills and understanding of finance
• Effective communicator and networker and presentation skills
• Self-starter with initiative
• Accountability for Results and ability to deliver
• Strong team-working skills
• Information Management & Analytical skills
• Negotiation knowledge & skills
The role will include:
- Developing distribution plans
- Ensure the seasonal launches are executed by creating initial allocation.
- Plan for all stock for product area
- Transit planning
- Ensure business guidelines are followed in the planning and execution of weekly store allocations
- Development basic buy plans
- Set update, forecast and manage flow of basic inventory
- Place orders with buying partners within lead
- Analyse and action Markdown of Seasonal Stock
- Analyse and make proposals on the promotion and markdown of inventory to achieve the most profitable return, ensuring gross margin (GM) targets are achieved.
- Maintain Brand integrity through communication with cross functional teams and appropriate product markdowns.
Successful candidates will be contacted about this role and similar roles.