Senior Brand Manager - Lurpak (Maternity Cover)
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world's favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Arla Cravendale®, Arla skyr, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Castello® - names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Brand Manager to work on our Lurpak brand on a 12 month fixed term contract to cover a period of maternity leave. In this role you will be based at our head office in Leeds and will report to the Marketing Director - Butter & Spreads.
Some of the key responsibilities and tasks in this role will include:
- Using the Arla Way of Marketing to develop and lead local brand vision, strategy and plans.
- Building a strong and successful brand business through a consumer-driven and insightful approach
- Collaborating with the global teams to ensure global strategy meets local market needs
- Generating best practice learning and sharing it widely including with the global category team
- Ensuring implementation in market of the global brand strategy in order to deliver the long-term growth aspirations.
- Creating and executing local annual brand plans, in line with global plans, which deliver the target P&L and other brand and category KPIs
- Developing and owning brand P&L ensuring gap fill activities are in place as needed.
- Tracking performance of the brand and the success of initiatives and recommending actions to strengthen the brand at a local level
- Acting as brand owner, constantly seeking to strengthen the brand P&L through profit improvements initiatives across all areas e.g. pricing, supply chain etc.
- Making optimal and effective use of the budget available
- Partnering with agencies to develop compelling creative ideas and engagement platforms with the strongest 360 degree channel activation plan
- Securing strategic alignment across key stakeholders (i.e. global category team, Supply Chain, Innovation, PM etc.).
- Activating the brand in line with global guidelines and go to market packs - amplifying global campaigns, and localising where necessary. Delivering excellence in execution.
- Managing in market launch of global brand innovations - bringing new products, services and activation ideas to local consumers in the most compelling way possible
- Creating and implementing the optimum consumer touch point plan to engage local consumers within a global campaign framework
- Managing day-to-day agency relationships.
- Owning the strategy for the 6P's
- Supporting the development and delivery of the local category strategy to define how Arla Foods will unlock consumer insight to deliver growth for both Arla and our customers (including new channel & format recommendations)
- Owning the development and management of the current and future brand portfolio strategy
- Working with global to ensure innovation is developed with local needs considered
To be successful in this role you will have extensive FMCG Brand experience. With strong leadership qualities you will be able to influence across a global matrix organisation. You will also be able to demonstrate strong strategic ability and the delivery of brand and volume growth.