Sipsmith – Head of On-Trade Sales
Sipsmith – Head of On-Trade Sales
£Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Office Based – Chiswick, West London
Sipsmith was started in 2009 by founders Fairfax and Sam with the mission to open the first copper distillery in London in almost 200 years and bring London Dry Gin back to its home; gin made the way it used to be and the way it should be. Since then they have grown tremendously fast, acquiring new stills, recruiting new drinkers, moving premises to Chiswick and building on their passionate team.
Moreover, they have recently joined forces with Beam Suntory to help take Sipsmith to all four corners of the globe. Beam Suntory is a company that values heritage, craftsmanship and people as much as Sipsmith do, opening up exciting new opportunities for the team and the business.
In addition, at Sipsmith they strive to create a great place to work where everyone can be creative, autonomous and have lots of fun. It’s their team who drive their fantastic culture and every character at the Distillery makes their business what it is (on top of their world class gin!). They work very hard to ensure that everyone in the business loves what they do and feels like part of the family. With that in mind Sipsmith are looking for someone for whom this resonates with and who is excited to be a great addition to the family from the word ‘go’.
Due to some internal changes Sipsmith are now looking for an inspiring and experienced sales person to join Sipsmith and lead their dynamic and hardworking On-Trade sales team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing a 3 year commercial strategy for the UK On-Trade
- Motivating and inspiring a team of 6 direct reports (3 NAMs & 3 KAMs) and 6 in-direct (6 Sales Executives)
- Day to day management of top RTM customers including Matthew Clark
- Introducing sales performance disciplines within the channel using their CRM System and other KPI measures
- Maximizing new business opportunities and staying on top of market trends
- Creating and delivering monthly reports for the Sipsmith Founders
- Working closely with Head of UK Marketing and Head of Off-Trade to ensure the UK commercial strategy compliments the overriding brand strategy
- In order to be considered for this once in a lifetime opportunity it is essential that you have an in-depth knowledge of the UK On-Trade. You will need to have experience in leading and developing teams within an On-Trade environment as well as managing top tier customers within the Multiple Pub Group and Route-to-Market channels.
- Sipsmith are looking for somebody who has a keen strategic mind coupled with an entrepreneurial flair so it is vital that you can clearly demonstrate these traits. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills alongside a strong commercial acumen and outstanding negotiations skills are also a must.
- You will be results driven and highly ambitious, brimming with both enthusiasm and initiative. This is a fantastic chance to make a mark within the craft spirits category – leading the On-Trade channel for a truly British brand at the forefront of the gin revolution!
- A genuine passion for gin and all things Sipsmith will also be hugely advantageous!
If you feel like this could be the perfect position for you then please forward your CV to wesley.ferguson@ceselection or call 0113 205 4970 for a confidential discussion. All third party applicants will be forwarded to our retained partner Clear Edge Search & Selection Ltd.