New Business Manager
New Business Manager – Home Based (But with regular travel to Ashford)
- As a New Business Manager reporting to our New Business Development Director, within the highly successful New Business Development Team, your overall challenge will be to gain new profitable business within the Private and Public Sector and achieve/exceed our budget requirements.
- The pipeline customer base will be high profile corporate and private sector prospects within the Hospitality sector with estimated annual revenues in excess of £2m. These prospects are some of the most important prospects in our company.
- The role will also involve winning new business across the wider Foodservice market place from £250,000 per annum.
- The role needs a strong sales person who adopts a skilled approach to managing and owning a matrix team approach which ensures that opportunities to win and deliver success with prospect customers are realised.
- To be successful you will have intimate knowledge of the foodservice industry ideally within a distributor environment, strong financial acumen, high energy levels, a hunger for exceeding customer expectations and supporting our mission of ‘helping businesses that serve food to thrive'.
- You will also be passionate about developing the new business process to ensure success is delivered by winning sole supply. The role involves developing a really deep understanding of the top market opportunities by attending industry functions and networking events alongside regular high level customer engagement to build a compelling customer insight database.
- Additionally through taking ownership of the pipeline, you will build effective cross-functional internal and external business relationships which will translate into the development and presentation of innovative customer solutions. This is all measured through the setting and achievement of demanding new business KPI's.
- By securing these new customer wins you will be delivering against one of our must win battles which is ‘shift the mix’ by securing profitable and attractiveness new business opportunities to the group.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Taking responsibility for the performance of a defined prospect pipeline and sales results to achieve budget.
- Working with your matrix team colleagues to deliver tender submissions and implement new business.
- The ability to remain calm and effective within pressured circumstances.
- Be fully supportive and contribute toward the new business objectives, principles and strategic initiatives.
- Proven track record in delivering against demanding financial and non financial targets especially within a new business generation environment.
- To provide clarity, focus, and on going development of the sector propositions and strategy through the effective planning and execution of on going prospect development with weekly management progress reviews.
- The analytical capability to fully understand and recommend a P&L modelling process in conjunction with Finance heads for all new pipeline business.
- The ability to engage in high level questioning to build a knowledge of customer needs/buying behaviour to develop bespoke offerings and educate the development of the sector propositions.
- Have the skill set and adaptability to be engaging in order to positively influence senior level customers.
- Preferably educated to degree level, you will have a proven track record of winning profitable new business and subsequent sales delivery, ideally within the public sector marketplace.
- A natural entrepreneur, able to convey and implement innovative ideas and creative solutions within the business limits, you will also have that critical skill of building instant rapport with potential customers.
A strong, all-round leader and communicator, IT-literate, with high level sales, commercial, negotiating and project management skills, you will also bring the ability to: work to tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment, prioritise tasks, delegate, organize, self-motivate, develop contact strategies along with the ability to engage relevant people at all levels.