JW Lees has an exciting opportunity for a Drinks Buyer to join the growing team. We’re going further to brew great times. Want to be part of it?
It all started for us in 1828 and although we brew some delicious beers and run some magnificent pubs we know it would be nothing without great people. As a Drinks Buyer, you’ll get the chance to shine, contribute to our success each and every day and our team will give you their full support to help you to rise to the top.
With barrels of personality and enthusiasm by the gallon, you’ll be an expert in communication and know how to work well as part of a team. Leading by example, your work ethic will set the bar high and you’ll be as interesting and exciting as our award-winning ales. Ideally a professional in your field or one in the making, you’ll remain super cool under pressure and have a passion for setting and delivering outstanding and memorable customer experiences.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven track record of wholesale buying or proven track record in sales and able to demonstrate an ability to apply experience to the purchasing arena.
- Commercially aware; meaning you are interested in our products, customers, competition, markets and how the business works
- A truly commercial individual.
- Substantial experience of the hospitality sector, particularly working with breweries, pub companies and free trade sectors
- WSET Level 3 Award in Wine & Spirits
- Extensive negotiation experience
- Strong analytical skills – we have a supply network with high volumes of products, over 900 SKUs
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines and to display good judgement and identify risks and initiate contingency plans
- Great communication skills
Our values run through everything we do and we’ll expect that you are…
Passionate: You’ve got to love what you do, otherwise you shouldn’t be doing it
Proud: Proud of JW Lees, pride in our people, pubs, beers and food
Honest: You always do what you say and be straight with us and your team members
Confident: Make the calls that matter, at the right time
Real: Be yourself. It’s that simple.
As a key member of the JW Lees family we will promise you a competitive package, fantastic team environment and supported development opportunities throughout your career.
Are you the Drinks Buyer extraordinaire we’re looking for? If so, we’d love to hear from you.