Head of Food to Go
McColl’s (MRG) are a leading neighbourhood retailer serving the Convenience and Newsagent sectors with a strong national presence throughout the UK. Comprising over 1370 stores including over 1000 convenience stores, we are the second largest multiple convenience operator in the UK and we are still growing as we currently transform 300 acquired Co-op stores..
MRG is a multi £m Food to Go business which grew by over 20% in 2016. As part of our ongoing strategy we see the development of our FTG business as a key priority for us in 2017.
We are currently looking to recruit for the role of Head of Food to Go. This is an excellent strategic opportunity for an accomplished and highly talented senior manager to take responsibility for developing and deploying our Food to Go strategy throughout our retail estate. In order to take on this high profile role we are looking for an experienced senior manager who has a proven track record of leading strategic work as well as implementation. A vast knowledge of the customer mission and Food to Go industry is crucial.
The main purpose of the Head of Food to Go (FTG) is to:
- Create, develop and implement a strategy for our FTG offer with clear objectives and deliverables.
- Collaborate with interdependent functions to ensure we have the right offer at the right price for our customers and successful delivery of the strategy in store.
- Be accountable for the FTG category to achieve the sales and gross contribution budget as well as retail pricing and promotions.
- Liaise with Finance to advise on periodic management accounts and the creation of the annual sales and gross contribution budget.
- Manage ongoing relationships with third party franchises such as Subway whilst also looking to introduce additional franchise operators to further enhance our FTG offer to the customer.
- Lead a team of 3 retail support managers and a buyer to implement FTG plans across our retail estate.
In order to succeed in this role we are looking for the following attributes:
- Expert knowledge in the FTG industry including competitors, propositions, current market and customer trends.
- Strategic thinker as well as operationally experienced in programme management at a senior level.
- Passionate about food, the convenience sector and giving excellent customer service.
- Builds positive relationships internally and externally with suppliers and agencies.
You will be required to spend time at our Head Office in Brentwood
Along with a competitive salary, bonus and share option scheme we offer many other benefits that you would associate with a large retailing group.
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.