Key Account Manager
The role as Key Account Manager is an excellent opportunity to join a market leading business looking to thrive in what is an extremely buoyant time for them across the UK with a solid foundation for the long term future.
Our client are a market leader in their industry and supply a range of FMCG and consumer brands across both retail and wholesale channels. They are an innovative business; constantly looking to grow and develop their product range as well as developing their people through long term, ambitious careers.
Due to growth within the business, our client is looking for a Key Account Manager to join their commercial team. You will report into the Sales Manager but work very much autonomously covering an existing territory which includes an account base within the convenience channel. These will be a mix of independent retailers and symbol groups.
The role is 70% account management and 30% new business. As the Key Account Manager you will be responsible for supporting the existing client base by ensuring brand presence is strong across your well established territory and proactively sourcing business where possible.
This position will require travel across the Midlands region and will require the occasional overnight stay.
Key skills and experience required:
- Experience within field sales and journey planning in order to maximise the potential of your territory
- FMCG experience is preferable
- Proven track record of increasing sales across an existing account base
- Strong retail merchandising skills
- Rapport building skills - ability to build strong relationships
- Self-driven and motivated in order to work autonomously
- West Midlands/East Midlands based
- Full, clean driving license
up to £25,000 Basic Salary
Company Car & Benefits