Shopper / Trade / Marketing Manager
Who are we?
- The UK's First Paleo Energy Bar. The home of real, pure and tasty paleo/primal energy bars. Completely grain free and made with 100% natural ingredients. #incrediblytasty
- Now available in Waitrose, Sainsburys, Tesco Express, Holland & Barrett, Wholefoods, Planet Organic and Ocado as well as various independent stores, gyms, yoga studios and CrossFit Boxes.
- Our recipes don't contain grains, gluten, refined sugars or vegetable oils. No soya in sight either.
- They are handmade in a Great British Kitchen, perfectly paleo, ideal for fuelling a workout/WOD and wholesome for kids too!
- Follow our Real Food Revolution - www.facebook.com/primalpantryuk
- Gyms, Crossfit Boxes, Yoga Studios, Personal trainers and health food shops interested in stocking the bars please contact us for more details.
- Now with distribution in Germany, Austria, France, Scandinavia, Spain, Italy, Benelux, South Africa, Slovakia, Portugal, Singapore, Hong Kong and UAE.
With a product portfolio ideally poised for growth, now is the time to bring a fantastic marketer into the team. This role would suit and ambitious, entrepreneurial and practical marketer who wants to:
- Lead and develop a junior marketing team
- Be part of the leadership team for an ambitious food business with significant UK & export potential.
- Truly charter the destiny of an exciting small business with great products and a great brand at its core.
- Be a key driver in fostering an innovative brand building company culture.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will love FMCG and will be both inspirational as well as being inspired by the idea of having a significant role in creating an exciting brand in the health food and food on the go category. Specifically, the ideal candidate would:
- Be a hands-on marketer who thrives on making things happen in a lean environment.
- Have experience working within the rigor of a blue chip environment coupled with time within a small entrepreneurial/challenger FMCG business.
- Have experience in category and customer strategy development within UK specifically – this is a hands on role where winning on the shelf through distribution gains is the most important metric for the business.
- Have practical experience in either product development, communications plan delivery or activation marketing you are looking for a role that will enable you to expand your skills and deliver with a small budget.
Based at our head office, you will be a strong team player with excellent communication skills who is also able to work autonomously and willing to travel. You are confident and very comfortable working in a multicultural, geographically dispersed environment.
This is a combined Marketing Manager/Category Manager role with cross-functional responsibility for in-store activation to drive both consumer and shopper interest, and maximise sales performance.
We have a vision to ‘own’ a very exciting new category which is capable of delivering significant high triple digit growth in the next 12 months.
- Lead the development of Brand Strategy
- Lead the development of category and shopper activation programmes to drive sales.
- Management of creative & other partners – PR, Design etc
- Inbound & out bound marketing activities
- Delivery of a dynamic innovation pipeline in support of distribution goals
- Management of existing product lines including optimisation of packaging and formats
- Management and deliver of annual marketing plan.
They will have joint responsibility with the Commercial team for creating and communicating ambitious category plans. They will play a key role in the overall management of the business as part of a senior management team which will be responsible for setting and executing strategic plans and delivering on growth and profit targets.
- Combined experience in brand building and category management
- A can do, hands on person who has a reputation for getting things done
- Experience in category and shopper strategy development and execution
- Strong commercial acumen coupled with consumer understanding
- Adept at managing brand P&L and marketing budgets
- Experience in managing internal and external teams
- Good coaching and people development skills
- Someone who knows their own mind and is able to win people over through the rigour of their thinking and the passion for their subject area