Project Engineering Manager
Location - Haddenham (UK)
Salary - Competitive + Bonuses
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
Project Engineering Manager is responsible for simultaneously managing multiple capital projects of significant value from the evaluation through implementation stages. The role effectively works with stakeholder teams to deliver reliable solutions employing performance based technical specifications, procurement, FAT's, installation, commissioning, start-up, operation, maintenance and improvement of packaging machinery and manufacturing support systems. This role delivers effective results by investigating, analysing and improving manufacturing equipment systems.
- Work with manufacturing and maintenance partners to provide technical support in the design, development, purchase, installation, commissioning, start-up, operation, maintenance and improvement of packaging machinery and support systems. Provide technical support periodically until improvement results are successfully sustained.
- Lead and participate in operational improvement activities: Focused Improvements, Single Minute Exchange of Die (SMED), packaging systems analysis, Lean Manufacturing projects, HPWS etc.
- Preparation of final CAAPs in accordance with best practice procedures. Monitor implementation of capital projects to ensure that projects are completed as planned and that approved funds are properly spent to deliver the specified IRR % results. Perform post-installation audits, reconcile financial metrics, and share key learnings for future project improvements.
- Coordinates the selection, design, and layout of processing and packaging machinery to ensure efficiency, reliability, optimum space utilization and adequate production capacity. On an ongoing basis, initiate design changes and modifications to further improve machine efficiency, facilitate packaging design changes and cost reductions.
- Responsible for timely filing of all regulatory documents to the appropriate local & national Governmental agencies relating to projects under control.
- Provide technical leadership of cross functional project teams to resolve technical and other challenges that develop during project execution. Seek out opportunities to coach and mentor team members on technical competencies and understanding
- Evaluate, develop, document and implement cost reduction projects and deliver on key targets.
- Work closely with site training, vendors and operations teams to effectively facilitate training for technicians, managers, mechanics and other partners. Verify that knowledge is transferred effectively to the operations teams and that manufacturing certification processes are validated and robust.
- BSc in Engineering (Mechanical/Chemical/Electrical preferred).
- Extensive technical experience in a multi-disciplinary environment driving improvement in process, supply chain, packaging, control systems and plant utilities.
- Experience and proven success in delivering multiple / simultaneous projects and programmes.
- Previous job experience in food or FMCG industry will be an asset
- Ability to effectively support teams during focussed improvement activities and drive significant technology upgrades/ innovative breakthroughs.
- Ability to influence at senior levels across functions
- Demonstrable skills in providing engineering expertise for the management of change and root cause analysis activities.
- Ability to strategically lead, coach, inspire and motivate employees at all levels and specifically to give technical leadership to the team
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.3 billion in annual sales in 2015, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 26 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 135 markets and territories. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers
With approximately 3,600 employees, the company has operations in 14 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK (customize with local brand). McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
Our growth starts with yours. For more than 125 years McCormick has developed a rich legacy based on our belief in the "Power of People".We have created an unusually dedicated workforceby fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaborationbased on the highest ethical values.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.