National Account Manager / Branded FMCG Business / Major Retailers/ £40,000-£50,000 + Great Package
My client is a highly successful branded FMCG business looking for an experienced and ambitious National Account Manager to develop the business within Sainsbury’s, Morrison's, Waitrose and Ocado. The business has shown continued growth and is looking for a new member to join their commercial team. This is a great opportunity for career variety and growth.
The ideal candidate will have experience and a good track record in account management and developing business within this customer division, on a National level.
- Lead the development of the following accounts: Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Waitrose, and Ocado
- Deliver the retail strategy within the defined account portfolio. Deliver value & volume growth by building sales & marketing initiatives
- Develop customer specific objectives which deliver the objectives agreed in the overall business strategy
- Maximise account profitability through sales of the brand
- Execute, monitor and evaluate the performance of the brand including NPD, sales activities and SKU changes
- Maintain an accurate and rolling forecast in partnership with customers to meet and exceed agreed service levels
- Work on JBPs
- Operate within agreed pricing and profit levels as laid out by the Commercial Director
- Support the wider business with competitor analysis within the category
- Engage all levels of the account portfolio inclusive of buying, finance, supply chain and operations teams
- A proven track record of negotiating with and managing some or all of the following Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Waitrose, Ocado (Asda & Tesco experience also favourable)
- Solid working knowledge of using strategic financial measurements (margin / ROI / profitability calculations
- Excellent selling / Negotiating skills
- ‘Hunter’ skills for new business opportunities. Proactive is seeking new sales opportunities within the channel
- Endeavours to influence events and questions the established methods where appropriate.
- Ability to see issues in financial, commercial or value added terms. Able to identify opportunities or see possibilities in a future context.
- Can master a brief rapidly. Able to express ideas clearly and convincingly.
- Creates good first impression whilst inspiring confidence and commitment in others. Does not hesitate to take action, able to act on own convictions.
- Able to change direction to meet role demands. Can adapt in a changing environment whilst coping with any additional pressures or uncertainty.
- Flexible approach. Able to manage several projects at any one time.
- Computer literate with demonstrable knowledge of Word, Excel , e-mail, and PowerPoint
What’s On Offer:
£40,000 - £50,000 negotiable based on experience + package
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Alex Tye on 0161 833 0181.