Business Manager - Food Ingredients
Our client is a provider of food ingredients, and they are looking for a proven field / territory based business development manager to join their growing commercial team. The role will be home based with three to four days spent in the field visiting clients across a designated territory of Scotland and North England. The role will mainly be focussed on the management of existing accounts, with some requirement for business development. This could be an ideal role for a current field based sales rep within food service, to transition in to a B2B role selling to food and drink manufacturers.
• Sales role developing business with existing accounts while also sourcing new opportunities from food manufacturers.
• To build effective external relationships, present new product ideas, whilst exceeding sales and margin.
• There will be an aspect of new business development, with prospecting. There will be a typical split of 60% / 40% in existing account management.
• Establishing strong relationships with customers and being their primary point of contact.
• Must possess several years of field based sales experience within FMCG and food.
• Will preferably be based within the central belt of Scotland or North East England.
• Experience of selling in to food manufacturers would be advantageous but not a necessity.
• Must have a proven track record of managing exiting accounts and winning new business.
• Very driven and focussed sales individual with a desire for career progression.
• Great communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong relationship builder
• Up to £35,000 basic salary
• Company car
• Great career progression and full training provided
For further information please apply for the role, or send an up to date copy of your CV to Graham@drnewitt.com.