Business Development Representative Manchester/Liverpool
At the heart of our dynamic global growth is a simple belief: nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
That's why we dream big. Why we look to the future, not the past. Why we value talent over title. And why we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
At AB InBev you'll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. In return, we'll reward your achievements.
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
This role is responsible for aggressively growing AB InBev's business in the most influential, high end bars/restaurants/clubs on aligned geography. This will be achieved through developing relationships, growing networks and being a true Brand Ambassador for AB InBev. This role requires a passion for beer and an ability to bring a rigorous Sales approach in a dynamic and creative urban environment with often highly sophisticated & entrepreneurial customers to deliver both organic and incremental volume and cash.
About the role
- Responsible for growing distribution, volume, profitability and brand experience within a portfolio of High End Urban (on trade) accounts
- Develop a deep knowledge base related to brewing process, beer types and styles, handling, tasting, serving in order to develop our brands, and enhance consumer and customer experience on premise
- Represents total AB InBev UK premium portfolio
- Ownership of annual individual customer planning, promotional evaluation and customer sell-back,
- Territory spend and budget management
- Build strong business relationships with key customers and consumer groups
- Work with the Brand and Trade Marketing teams to deliver trade activations (parties, live music, etc)
- Constant delivery of superior on premise experiences
- Execution of call cycle and administrative duties (routine management)
- Maintain a current and accurate knowledge of products within the category
- Build and evolve a comprehensive network with other sales professionals in the wider AB InBev business
- Represent AB InBev in a professional manner at all times
About the candidate
- University Degree or equivalent preferred for advancement opportunities
- Passion for Beer and Food Industry
- Experience in the hospitality industry (eg bar work, waiter/waitress experience) is preferred
- Analytical skills, strong business acumen
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent relationship building and follow-up skills
- Very enthusiastic & motivated to make a difference
- Driven, ambitious and resilient
- Computer proficiency and aptitude, specifically with Excel and Powerpoint
- Flexible with irregular working hours to be present during key period on premise (including some evenings and weekends)
- This role is Field Based role so a current UK Driving License is required
About the Company
We are AB InBev. Committed to driving growth that leads to better living for more people, in more places. Through brands and experiences that bring people together. Through our dedication to brewing the best beer with the best ingredients. And through our commitment to helping farmers, retailers, entrepreneurs and communities grow. We are building a company to last. Not just for a decade, but for the next 100 years. Through our brands and our investment in communities, we will bring more people together, making our company an integral part of our consumers' lives for generations to come.
Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium; to the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US; and the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. Now, with operations in over 50 countries, and our brands sold in over 100, we are truly a world leader, and our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser®, Corona® and Stella Artois®.