Territory Sales Manager – Pet Food
Territory Sales Manager
Competitive Salary + additional benefits
My client are an independent family run pet food manufacturer founded in the 1980’s with factories in Wales. The company’s manufacturing platform includes three state-of-the-art facilities. One produces dried pet food, another produces wet food & the third is utilised for collation and despatch only. These plants combine and utilise high-speed manufacturing equipment and leading edge technology to produce a complete premium range food for dogs and cats, produced to the highest quality and hygiene standards.
Due to a re structure my client are in a position to hire a Territory Sales Manager for the Midlands area.
The selected person will be responsible for sales activities across the midlands area. You will work towards monthly targets and be expected to grow, develop and add new business to the patch.
Key duties include:
· Liaising with existing customers and developing new potential clients.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including current and planned activity, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Communicate new product information, developments, and feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Propose and implement special sales activities when required.
- Attend trade shows to communicate and develop customer relations.
- Strong IT skills and proficiency with MS Office Applications.
- Experience of operating in a cost conscious sales environment.
- Possession of Pet Industry experience is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail is a prerequisite.
- Ability to prioritise work load and multi task.
- Flexible to travel to different part of the region
- The ability to work within a team as well as independently.
- Committed to working within the Company Values.