National Sales Manager
Job title: National Sales Manager
Location: Home based – central UK
Salary: Up to £50,000 + bonus, car and benefits
Sector: Premium pet food
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: NH 18681
- Lead a national field sales team.
- Managing the sales of some of the best quality pet food brands in the UK.
- Personal sales to targeted key accounts.
A privately owned premium quality pet food business that has secured an impressive reputation with all specialist retailers with sales growing at 40% per annum.
The company has launched a secondary range that has even broader market appeal and seeks a pioneering sales leader to maximise the opportunity for this brand.
The role of National Sales Manager:
This is a pioneering, home-based role, for an experienced Sales Manager who is a great salesperson, a detailed planner and exciting entrepreneur.
Key responsibilities include:
- Agreeing an annual sales and marketing plan with the Directors.
- Managing and recruiting Area Sales Managers to support the sales plan.
- Allocation of annual sales target by each team member.
- Annual strategy for key account acquisition.
- Monthly field accompaniments with each of the sales team.
- Analyse and interpret sales data in order to guide decision making.
- Present regular business reviews for the Board.
National Sales Manager profile:
We are looking for a well trained and experienced National Sales Manager, ideally with pet trade experience, who can transfer skills to this role. Specifically we are looking for:
- At least 10 years sales and business development experience.
- Must have worked with quality fmcg brands.
- Experience leading a national sales team and account management.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Numerate with the ability to interpret and analyse data.
- A great communicator at all levels with excellent negotiating, influencing and presentation skills.
- Highly self-motivated with the desire, enthusiasm, drive, determination, tenacity and ability to achieve results.
The job holder will enjoy a competitive basic salary and rewarding commission scheme plus car and the expenses / support required to be field based.
For more information and to apply please contact:
Name Nick Hester
Telephone 01275 813030