Commercial Manager- M&S FMCG- Own Label- NPD Led
As one of UK's fastest growing privately owned Niche Own Label Food Businesses, our client has an impressive track record of success and an exceptionally bright future. The strategic goals are to grow through both strong organic development combined with “Smart Acquisitions” on both a UK and potential International basis. In order to achieve this they commit strong levels of investment into both Food Development and Leading Category solutions.
Their offering is both sophisticated and premium in nature and subsequently has become a real product of choice for many discerning consumers; which is further supported through unrivalled taste and traceability. Operating within a matrix led divisional Company structure has meant that their product offering is highly extensive whilst offering chilled food products with providence and National/Regional heritage. As part of their continued growth, they now wish to appoint a Senior Commercial Manager to one of their Key Business Units.
As Commercial Manager you will be tasked with driving the full P&L management of their key customer, and whilst you will be fully supported by the Sales Director to whom you report; the emphasis will very much be on you to show how you can deliver and grow the Business. The category in which the role operates brings both challenges of leading NPD and Category initiatives requirements and also a real “Foodie” environment where strength of character is key. The key drivers of the roles are follows:
- Lead Contact for Two Buyers within the Customer
- Ability to Network & Influence throughout the Retail Matrix Space (Supply, Marketing, Finance etc)
- Full P&L visibility not just at gross margin level but at ‘Contribution to Profit’ level – understanding influence on the whole business and the wider impact of commercial decisions
- Naturally confident in dealing with peers and cross functional colleagues, as well as dealing with the Executive Board members internally and Senior Management externally
- Ability to be able to reason and rationalise complex business scenarios; have the ability to manage the needs and demands of both internal strategies and external requirements by being able to demonstrate the balance of both.
- Application of Category Management and the practical approach and actions; influence the necessary strategies to deliver category/profit growth by delivery to the consumer needs
- Negotiate annual Joint Business Plans (JBPs)
- Drive distribution of existing and new products
- Manage product mix to maximise margin
- Manage effective communication of NPD & Category Solutions
The ideal candidate will have gained strong experience in Leading Own Label Customer Accounts within the FMCG industry. Additionally the client is also willing to consider dynamic candidates who could be at a slightly more Junior level, but you must be clearly leading your “peer group” and be ready for the greatest challenge of your career to date. A "Foodie" perspective and Strong Relationship skills are a must, as this role is one of the most important within the Commercial Team.