Duty Bar Manager
Duty Bar Manager
Exciting opportunity not to be missed! Northumbria Students’ Union has a unique opportunity available for a Duty Bar Manager to join the team in Newcastle upon Tyne. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of £20,613 - £23,164 per annum.
NSU is independent from the University and a registered charity; however, the two organisations work closely together to deliver a first-rate service to students. NSU is integral to the provision of the modern, top class service provided to the student membership. Gone are the days of sticky, grungy floors and students being second-rate citizens! With most students borrowing large sums of money to fund their higher education, the emphasis is firmly on providing a top-class customer service.
What are the responsibilities of the Duty Bar Manager?
Being a key member within the Commercial Management Team, the successful candidate will oversee delivery of the bars, catering and events, managing a large compliment of staff. You will have excellent customer care skills and will be responsible for delivering outstanding service throughout our venues and commercial operations.
Working in partnership with the catering, technical, conference and facilities teams our Duty Bar Manager will be responsible for the delivery of all the food and beverages, delivery of the events and have operational management as a duty manager of the building and the health and safety of customers. The Duty Managers will work with the Operations Manager to ensure that all staff are trained and developed, that the business is efficiently and effectively managed.
What do we look for in a Duty Bar Manager?
- Personal License Holder
- Appropriate Management/ Professional Qualification
- Food Hygiene Level 2
- First aid certificate
- Appropriate Health & Safety Qualification
- Management and/or supervisory experience in a high volume licensed trade outlet
- Management or supervisory experience of a busy kitchen
- Management of stock and cash and a team of staff
- Using EPOS systems
- Training Delivery
- Licensed Trade retail trends
- Best practice with regard to stocktaking & cash security
- Good IT skills, in particular Microsoft Office suite including word, excel and PowerPoint
- Flexible approach to working hours available to work late evenings
Closing Date: 14th May
Interview Date: 26th May
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an innovative, award-winning organisation as our Duty Bar Manager.